Vaccinations help

Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

MarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccinations help

Hi everyone, I need your wisdom once more.

My CR-1 case is currently at the NVC so I thought I'd get my vaccinations done now while I'm waiting. I booked an appointment at my doctors and took down the list of vaccinations from the NVC website. However, my doctor refused to give me the hepatitis A and B vaccines as she said they aren't required for US travel, and if I want them I need to pay for them privately.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what did you do if so? Boots charge £49 each which is more expensive than the price on the Knightsbridge doctors website so should I just wait until my medical and get it done there?

Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations help

Did you tell her you are not requesting them for travel but for an immigration visa. Also have you checked that the Hep vaccinations are needed by a person your age. If needed and she still refuses to give them, then I guess you have to pony up for the immunizations.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

MarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond reputeMarieN has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I explained the full situation. She didn't budge. I'm 30 years old, I'll check.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Is this what I should be checking? https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...cine_chart.pdf

If so I feel silly
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

lock2515 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, i am currently going through the same process. My understanding is that as we fall into the 18-64 age category we only require: Td/Tdap, MMR and Varicella vaccinations. Only the Varicella (chicken pox) is unavailable on the NHS and requires to be payed for privately, this can be done at Superdrug travel clinics.

At least that is my understanding of the vaccination table unless someone else knows differently??
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lock2515
Hi there, i am currently going through the same process. My understanding is that as we fall into the 18-64 age category we only require: Td/Tdap, MMR and Varicella vaccinations. Only the Varicella (chicken pox) is unavailable on the NHS and requires to be payed for privately, this can be done at Superdrug travel clinics.

At least that is my understanding of the vaccination table unless someone else knows differently??
That's somewhat of a relief do we still have to have the varicella vaccine even if we've already had chicken pox? Superdrug charge £130 for the vaccination for two doses according to their website
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarieN
That's somewhat of a relief do we still have to have the varicella vaccine even if we've already had chicken pox? Superdrug charge £130 for the vaccination for two doses according to their website
I don't believe so no according to a friend who went through this process a few years back. Unfortunately I have a natural immunity to it which I always though was a good thing but will now cost me £130 😂

Also I believe they will offer you any vacinations required that you may have missed at your Knightsbridge appointment for a small fee.

I'm set for mine on the 23rd April so will let you know. Can I ask how long it took for your ACRO to arrive, been waiting almost 11 days now for mine!
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

I'm set for mine on the 23rd April so will let you know. Can I ask how long it took for your ACRO to arrive, been waiting almost 11 days now for mine!
I think my acro took about 2 weeks from sending the application to receiving the certificate back
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

I think my acro took about 2 weeks from sending the application to receiving the certificate back
Okay thanks, just waiting on that to arrive. Though it would only take approximately 10 days.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Okay thanks, just waiting on that to arrive. Though it would only take approximately 10 days.
I seem to remember it was 10 working days so the bank hols may have slowed it a bit. Hopefully it comes soon
Old Apr 6th 2018, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

No. The doctor will take your word for it.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 6:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what I should be checking? https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...cine_chart.pdf

If so I feel silly
Yes, that is it.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

I just double checked with the doctors in Knightsbridge and they said not to worry about getting the varicella vaccine if I've already had chicken pox
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:17 pm
Concierge

I just double checked with the doctors in Knightsbridge and they said not to worry about getting the varicella vaccine if I've already had chicken pox
One less thing to worry about.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in post #11 from personal experience