Vaccinations

Old Sep 19th 2018, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Kimi31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccinations

Trying to slowly gather information that's not time sensitive so I phoned my GP to ask for my immunisation records
GP say the earliest vaccination they have for me is a tetanus in 2014
then refer me to "child health"
call them and they only deal with 0-19 yr olds and refer me back to GP
GP receptionist get out my archived notes and tells me no records
been with this Dr my whole life
what do I do??
Do I ask for repeats? And if so what ones is it?
diptheria
whooping cough
polio
tetanus and MMr?
Old Sep 19th 2018, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Muna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond reputeMuna_93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccinations

Here is the chart that'll tell you which vaccinations you need: https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...cine_chart.pdf

If you can't find records at all and need to get them re-done, I would get the ones you're missing through your GP instead of at the medical. It'll be way cheaper.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Kimi31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah so if I ask GP for boosters for
Diptheria
tetanus
and whooping cough (pertussis)
and am waiting to hear back on being "allowed" MMR

chicken Pox? We don't get here and I've had it
is it worth getting a flu jab
Old Sep 20th 2018, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi31
Yeah so if I ask GP for boosters for
Diptheria
tetanus
and whooping cough (pertussis)
and am waiting to hear back on being "allowed" MMR

chicken Pox? We don't get here and I've had it
is it worth getting a flu jab
If you've had chickenpox then you're good. They'll take your word for it.

If it's flu season then you'll be required to have flu shot.
Old Sep 20th 2018, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are in a country where childhood vaccinations are the norm, you will not have to duplicate childhood vaccinations as they assume you have already had them. Tetanus is given once every ten years so you had one recently so that should be good. Yes, you can get the chickenpox vaccine now in the UK. It is not normally given, but if you have had it as a child you will have the antibodies in your system so you can be checked for it.