Wikiposts

Which vaccinations?

Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:31 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which vaccinations?

Hi!

Can someone tell me which vaccinations you need to have before the issuance of the visa?

I know that if you are not up to date with certain vaccinations, you'll get them with the medical examination before the last interview... right?
But I guess I just want to know which ones are required.

And if this is a dumb question, just tell me.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:39 am
Tod's Princess

Default Re: Which vaccinations?

Stupid... this thread was not sent to Usenet.

Phaw. So, we always have to uncheck that thingy down there saying "do not send to usenet" when posting a new thread?
Old Apr 21st 2004, 8:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Noortje,

Only the doctor who examines you can tell you which vaccinations you must have. Some of them may be medically inappropriate for you for 1 reason or another.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Noortje
Hi!

Can someone tell me which vaccinations you need to have before the issuance of the visa?

I know that if you are not up to date with certain vaccinations, you'll get them with the medical examination before the last interview... right?
But I guess I just want to know which ones are required.

And if this is a dumb question, just tell me.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 9:59 pm
Tod's Princess

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Noortje,

Only the doctor who examines you can tell you which vaccinations you must have. Some of them may be medically inappropriate for you for 1 reason or another.

Regards, JEff
Thanks Jeff.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid... this thread was not sent to Usenet.

Phaw. So, we always have to uncheck that thingy down there saying "do not send to usenet" when posting a new thread?

I've sent it to the Usenet for you.

Rete
Moderator.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeff.
To expand on that, the doctor will take into consideration, your age, country where you were raised as a child, etc. in determining the requirement for certain vaccinations. You can also approach your family physician and have an antibody test done to see if you have immunity to chicken pox, measles, etc. If also helps if you have a copy of your childhood immunization chart from your family physician.

FYI, the vaccination supplement the doctor completes has a number of columns on it and the headers include such things as age exempt, etc.

Rete