Reload this Page >

Vaccination and medical questions

Wikiposts

Vaccination and medical questions

Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vaccination and medical questions

These are questions on behalf of my fiancee Greg who is busy getting all his stuff together for the provisional file to be opened so there is no further delay once we have our 2nd NOA.

Anyway, his questiona are these (as he's getting almost as paranoid as I am!): Does he have to have proof of vaccinations for the the initial interview? He's having a hard time locating his records from long ago and is worried he won't have the right documentation for all the needed vaccinations.

Also, what does the medical before the interview consist of? Do they ask you for your vaccnination history? What exacly do they do in the medical? ( In detect a bit of nervousness in this doctor shy boy of mine).

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll be so ecstatic when this gets rolling a bit more!
Old Jan 6th 2003, 7:59 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vaccination and medical questions

Originally posted by beyness

Anyway, his questiona are these (as he's getting almost as paranoid as I am!): Does he have to have proof of vaccinations for the the initial interview? He's having a hard time locating his records from long ago and is worried he won't have the right documentation for all the needed vaccinations.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll be so ecstatic when this gets rolling a bit more!
Hey, Beyness!!!!

Your chappie can go to his GP and ask for tests to see if he's immune to the various lurgies if he's having trouble with getting his records. My mum can't remember if I had the measles or mumps when I was a nipper, so I went to my doc today, and they took some blood so they could test for antibodies. I'll get the results back later this week, or early next week.

As for the other question, I'm afraid I can't help with that one. Ask me again next Monday evening!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:15 am

P.S: The jabs he needs to be up to date with are Tetanus/Diptheria and MMR. (Mumps, Measles, Rubella.) He doesn't need the Varicella (Chickenpox) jab, as it isn't available in the UK. Yes!!!!!!

They WILL ask him for records though. My doc (eventually, after a couple of attempts!!) photocopied my records onto a letterhead sheet, and many people who've had their medical have said this will do.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Kate, I'm forwarding your messages to him so he can take care of it all... Good luck with your interview!
Old Jan 6th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow I've been upgraded to Senior Member, that must mean I post too much!
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Beyness, I guess you are auditioning for the role (soon to be vacated by Kate) of resident worryguts..................and why not?
Old Jan 6th 2003, 11:03 am

Originally posted by abba48uk
Well Beyness, I guess you are auditioning for the role (soon to be vacated by Kate) of resident worryguts..................and why not?
LOL!!!!!!!!!! It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it!!! And I'm sure it won't be long before I'm worrying about something else!!!
Thanks for the good wishes, beyness, and abba48uk, I know you're sending good vibes too!!!
Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Jan 6th 2003 at 11:13 am.