Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Vaccination complications

Wikiposts

Vaccination complications

Old May 8th 2014, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all
Default Vaccination complications

Hi everyone.

I visited my GP today to discuss my vaccinations and mental health history letter. I may need boosters for MMR and Tdap, but I’m confused about the chicken pox (varicella).

I had severe chicken pox when I was a little kid - will I still be required to get the vaccine? I was always told that having it as a kid made you immune but I think that may be an old wive’s tale.

Also, are the three vaccinations mentioned in this post the essential vaccinations for the AOS? I seem to find different answers everywhere I look.
Old May 8th 2014, 7:29 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Vaccination complications

I was asked at my medical a couple of weeks ago if I had chickenpox as a child. I said yes and the nurse said great and moved on.

I think you need the vaccine if you have not had it.

I had to have mmr and tetanus booster.
Old May 8th 2014, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all

Excellent, thanks very much.
Old May 8th 2014, 7:44 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breakerfall
Hi everyone.

I visited my GP today to discuss my vaccinations and mental health history letter. I may need boosters for MMR and Tdap, but I’m confused about the chicken pox (varicella).

I had severe chicken pox when I was a little kid - will I still be required to get the vaccine? I was always told that having it as a kid made you immune but I think that may be an old wive’s tale.

Also, are the three vaccinations mentioned in this post the essential vaccinations for the AOS? I seem to find different answers everywhere I look.
The definitive answer here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...8a_medical.pdf

You can't get the chicken pox vaccine in the UK anyway. They'll just note that you had it as a child.
Old May 8th 2014, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bunnygirl.
Old May 8th 2014, 8:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breakerfall
I had severe chicken pox when I was a little kid - will I still be required to get the vaccine?
You've had chickenpox... therefore you also have the antibodies. No, you don't now require the vaccine.

I was always told that having it as a kid made you immune but I think that may be an old wive’s tale.
Actually, it's true.

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 8:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
You can't get the chicken pox vaccine in the UK anyway.
It's not generally available but, actually, you can... although it must be special ordered.

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 8:45 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's not generally available but, actually, you can... although it must be special ordered.

Ian
Oh ok, was just going by what's on the medical info from Knightsbridge.
Old May 8th 2014, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Oh ok, was just going by what's on the medical info from Knightsbridge.
It's just one more lie that you'll have to come to terms with on your US immigration journey!

Ian