Reload this Page >

Use K-3 medical for CR-1?

Wikiposts

Use K-3 medical for CR-1?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Use K-3 medical for CR-1?

I know this is a bit of a niche question as it seems most K-3 visa holders do not process their CR-1s/IR-1s through the Embassy which approved their K-3. However, in the event that anyone has been in this situation, can you please advise as to whether the same medical results can be used for the CR-1? The results are only a few months old.

Thanks!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Use K-3 medical for CR-1?

Originally Posted by californian
However, in the event that anyone has been in this situation, can you please advise as to whether the same medical results can be used for the CR-1? The results are only a few months old.
My gut feeling is that an "immigration medical" is good for whatever process you're using. I don't think they do different medicals for different visas.

Ian
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Use K-3 medical for CR-1?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My gut feeling is that an "immigration medical" is good for whatever process you're using. I don't think they do different medicals for different visas.
Thanks, Ian.

It was a good gut feeling. I emailed the Embassy last Friday and they got back today (about 5 minutes after I posted, actually) and said we are okay to use the K-3 medical results for the CR-1.

I was concerned b/c Andy already has his chest x-rays in hand --- I assume he should bring those back to the Embassy when he interviews for his CR-1.