USCIS London closure?

Old Apr 30th 2019, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

swedey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USCIS London closure?

Hi all

I have read here and elsewhere talk of an impending halt to DCF for marriage based immigrant Visas in London due to the changes to USCIS announced by the US government recently.

Is the halt to DCF confirmed? The articles I have read suggest that some responsibilities will be absorbed by State (I.e. embassies) and some by USCIS in the US. Is there confirmation which way this will go for marriage based immigrant visas?

Assuming this does get moved back to the US does anyone know (please state whether fact or educated guess!):
1. What this will do to I-130s submitted to London but not yet reviewed by USCIS
2. What this will do to I-130s submitted to London, reviewed, and now in an RFE phase.

I totally understand if the details are not yet clear so nobody knows the answer but was keen to check the understanding of those on here more educated on this stuff than me