Reload this Page >

USCIS I-130 NVC IV Fees question

Wikiposts

USCIS I-130 NVC IV Fees question

Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:51 am
Just Joined

fablawyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USCIS I-130 NVC IV Fees question

I am a USC. Petitioned my 2 kids with I-130 and paid $355 each. Got approved, went to NVC who asked me for another $70 each. I paid that then read USC only pay one $70. I got $70 back from the government. Then I get a request for another $400 each child.

I just want to ask if this is correct or if they screwed up again? Any insight? I will have paid $1580 for both children.

Also, when NVC approve my two minor children, will they have to go to the consulate/Embassy also (aged 15 and 13). I am in the USA, they are in Scotland.

THANK YOU

Ronnie
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS I-130 NVC IV Fees question

$400 is the price of the Immigrant Visa application (DS-230). One per person.
$70 is the Affidavit of Support review fee (DOS only).
$355 is the Petition I-130 fee. One per person.

You're transmitting citizenship to the kids this way?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks. Seems like I'm paying the right amount then.

Yes - I believe they can get automatic citizenship upon entry - although I don't know if I have to file something else when they get here. I just paid the $800 they asked for.

Thanks for your reply. I used to be a regular on the immigratio boards 10 years ago and give input where I could. People here are invaluable.

Ronnie
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fablawyer

Yes - I believe they can get automatic citizenship upon entry - although I don't know if I have to file something else when they get here. I just paid the $800 they asked for.

Thanks for your reply. I used to be a regular on the immigratio boards 10 years ago and give input where I could. People here are invaluable.

Ronnie
Where *does* the time go! Welcome back.

The kids should be admitted as citizens. That said, I don't know the details of what their paperwork will look like etc. and what they will have as evidence of citizenship. If you can stick with the thread, I'm sure we can figure it out. That is, someone who knows the answer should come along.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fablawyer

Ronnie
Hi:

Personally, I think it is an outrage that Department of State charges $70.00 for the I-864W. At least that was easier for you to prepare than a full-blown I-864. However, concomitant with the less complexity, review of the I-864W is nothing.

I believe that when persons such as your children are admitted with immigrant visas there admission is recorded as a US citizen. [I do not recall the authority for this and couldn't find it readily -- but I am pretty sure I am right]. This is different when there is an adjustment of status in the US. Once they are here, you can put in the passport applications for them.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:34 am

Excellent catch, MrF. That's why you make the big bucks.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks to you both. Yes, time flies. I filed K1 back in 1998, entry in 2000 and only got USC in 2007. Seems like yesterday I was standing in line trying to get my SS number (the application for which the govt lost an I had to get my GA congressman to get it for me). Its always an ordeal when you have to deal with the govenment here - I just don't get why that is. It seems fairly competent in the UK.

I agree that there shouldnt be a fee for a waiver form! Thankfully they sent me $70 back after I emailed them. Online payment wouldn't let me progress the application without funds but I read that if both kids are on the same application, only one fee should be paid.

When I started the process, no-one said it would be $355 +70 + 400 - I wish they would give the total fees up front for the whole process (even though its different departments) . It dented me this week to depart with $800 unexpectedly.

Thanks again

Ronnie