Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

USC Sponsorship Question

USC Sponsorship Question

Old Feb 1st 2010, 4:07 am
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of
Default USC Sponsorship Question

My future husband, is a student -fire department, and is on inactive military duty. so he gets income from the military.
he has moved back in with his parents to help save more money for our wedding, he can support himself and me, but on the affidavit of support form, does he need to put that his parents live in the same house hold, they don't contribute to him, or vise verse at all, so there are no dependents in his house
and once were married he will move out into his own place, or our place so to speak.

hope this makes sense

Thanks
blueberrymuffin
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USC Sponsorship Question

Originally Posted by blueberrymuffin
... they don't contribute to him...
... except by providing him lodging which he would othewise have to pay for... and his mum might cook the occasional meal for him, eh?

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My future husband, is a student -fire department, and is on inactive military duty. so he gets income from the military.
he has moved back in with his parents to help save more money for our wedding, he can support himself and me, but on the affidavit of support form, does he need to put that his parents live in the same house hold, they don't contribute to him, or vise verse at all, so there are no dependents in his house
and once were married he will move out into his own place, or our place so to speak.

hope this makes sense

Thanks
blueberrymuffin
Which affidavit of support are you looking at, and for which visa?

If he will complete an I-864 (for an immigrant visa), AND he is still living with his parents when you use it (IE are applying for your visa), you should read the Final Rule on the I-864:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...pAFM062706.pdf

Allows, but does not require, sponsors to include as part of household size any relatives in the household who are not dependents if they complete a Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member (Form I-864A) promising to make their income and/or assets available to the sponsor and intending immigrants.

(my bold)
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

hope this makes sense

Thanks
blueberrymuffin
I live with my In-laws, we didnt list them on the household size as they werent my sponsor. We used my uncle who has his girlfriend living with him, we didnt list her as household and she isnt a dependant, he didnt have any dependants,so the household size was just 2 (me and him)

If we had decided to use my MIL (which we did first but it got rejected due to a tax return problem) or list everyone in the household, the household size would of been 7 (owch)
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:45 am
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

Thank you, thats good to know