Usa move

Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Usa move

When you've wrapped your head around the process, take a look at form I-864, instructions, and I-864P. Make sure you have the financial sponsorship covered.

All forms are found at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot do it in the US as your home is in the UK and you cannot just come to the US to live and work without the proper visa first. The added advantage of this is to your children by your husband. Since he had not lived in the US for the required years, he is not eligible to pass on his US citizenship to his children. Someone will correct me if this is incorrect. He needed to have lived in the US so many years before the age of 14 and so many years after that age. Once your children have their visas and enter the US they will become US permanent residents but more importantly they will become US Citizens by virtue of having a father who is a US Citizen. Unfortunately, this does not apply to your son by a different father.

Please start getting his biological father's permission to have him leave the UK and live in the US. If the father is unavailable (missing in action) then you need to go to court and get their permission. This will take time.

If you are coming to the US in October, you should start the process for your LR-1 visa say within the next 30-45 days. You won't be getting your visa in 2016 unless time lines change drastically. Count on sometime in early 2017.

Your husband needs to file his US taxes and you need to get long form birth certificates which shows parents names and addresses where they were living at the time of the birth. I believe each of the children will need a valid passport. Anyone over the age of 16 needs an police certificate.

There is much needed in the way of documentation and sometimes it will take a while to get it. Also it is going to be expensive as there are quite a few of you going through this process so it is the fees for each visa plus the cost of medicals, etc.

The process isn't complicated especially since you are going through what is called direct consular filing but it is sometimes overwhelming.

As for your husband's employment, construction work depends on many things. Some areas only employ union workers. If he is not a hands on construction worker and only familiar with being a manager of sorts, it will be more difficult for him. I had a neighbor who was in the union here in New York City area but didn't like not being in a managerial position, so he started his own contracting business. That didn't go over well so he and his family up stakes, leaving behind a mortgage and credit responsibilities and moved to Texas and now has a floor installation and refinishing business. He has a nice website but don't know how he is doing financially.

While you are in the US in October, he should plan on visiting numerous construction companies and talking to them about how he can find employment and what kind of employment he can find with them.

Don't be discouraged. Follow steps 1, 2, 3 and it will all fall in place.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 20th 2016 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Beckyboos1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can visit the USA while the visa process is going on, yes. But you can't complete the process from inside the USA. You must have medicals done in the UK, and an interview at the US Embassy in London. You can't obtain a visa to the USA from inside the USA.

Rene
Thankyou. What kind of medical is it?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of reports on the medical exam in this forum. Do a little searching.

Rene
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beckyboos1
Thankyou. What kind of medical is it?
A report on your health and well being, with an emphasis on communicable diseases, vaccinations, and mental instability (whether you are at risk of harming yourself or others). Evidence of drug use can stop the entire visa process, often permanently.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
A report on your health and well being, with an emphasis on communicable diseases, vaccinations, and mental instability (whether you are at risk of harming yourself or others). Evidence of drug use can stop the entire visa process, often permanently.
As can alcoholism, or the perceived notion of it, which can be evidenced by the completion of the medical form which I believe asks how much you drink, and by your police report if you have any DUI's on your record. If so, then you will be asked to have your GP sign off on you and submit it to Knightsbridge before they will send your medical results to the Consulate.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ok well im not a drug user or an alcoholic lol..i have lost my sister my dad and my mother in the space of 2 years so i have been medicated for depression but am not on them now. Will this effect it? Do they actually drug test you? Thanks for replies everyone you guys are so help ful
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
You cannot do it in the US as your home is in the UK and you cannot just come to the US to live and work without the proper visa first. The added advantage of this is to your children by your husband. Since he had not lived in the US for the required years, he is not eligible to pass on his US citizenship to his children. Someone will correct me if this is incorrect. He needed to have lived in the US so many years before the age of 14 and so many years after that age. Once your children have their visas and enter the US they will become US permanent residents but more importantly they will become US Citizens by virtue of having a father who is a US Citizen. Unfortunately, this does not apply to your son by a different father.

Please start getting his biological father's permission to have him leave the UK and live in the US. If the father is unavailable (missing in action) then you need to go to court and get their permission. This will take time.

If you are coming to the US in October, you should start the process for your LR-1 visa say within the next 30-45 days. You won't be getting your visa in 2016 unless time lines change drastically. Count on sometime in early 2017.

Your husband needs to file his US taxes and you need to get long form birth certificates which shows parents names and addresses where they were living at the time of the birth. I believe each of the children will need a valid passport. Anyone over the age of 16 needs an police certificate.

There is much needed in the way of documentation and sometimes it will take a while to get it. Also it is going to be expensive as there are quite a few of you going through this process so it is the fees for each visa plus the cost of medicals, etc.

The process isn't complicated especially since you are going through what is called direct consular filing but it is sometimes overwhelming.

As for your husband's employment, construction work depends on many things. Some areas only employ union workers. If he is not a hands on construction worker and only familiar with being a manager of sorts, it will be more difficult for him. I had a neighbor who was in the union here in New York City area but didn't like not being in a managerial position, so he started his own contracting business. That didn't go over well so he and his family up stakes, leaving behind a mortgage and credit responsibilities and moved to Texas and now has a floor installation and refinishing business. He has a nice website but don't know how he is doing financially.

While you are in the US in October, he should plan on visiting numerous construction companies and talking to them about how he can find employment and what kind of employment he can find with them.

Don't be discouraged. Follow steps 1, 2, 3 and it will all fall in place.
Wow thankypu for such a detailed reply. Joshua (my eldest) father isnt actually on his birth certificate as he was extremely abusive to both me and my son.we have thought about maybe trying to go through the adoption route so he would legally be responsible. I have all bens ( husbands ) original birth certificates and his parents death certification aswell. We are looking to move to atlanta metro area.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Wow thankypu for such a detailed reply. Joshua (my eldest) father isnt actually on his birth certificate as he was extremely abusive to both me and my son.we have thought about maybe trying to go through the adoption route so he would legally be responsible. I have all bens ( husbands ) original birth certificates and his parents death certification aswell. We are looking to move to atlanta metro area.
Will he need a police report aswell seeing as he is already a citizen of the us?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Will he need a police report aswell seeing as he is already a citizen of the us?
No... just you and any child over 16.

Ian
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
There are lots of reports on the medical exam in this forum. Do a little searching.

Rene
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Joshua (my eldest) father isnt actually on his birth certificate as he was extremely abusive to both me and my son.
I'm sorry to hear about the abuse, but this will not matter to US immigration. You must do your due diligence to get his written permission to remove Joshua from UK jurisdiction - or get a court order to that effect. By law, he can assert his parental rights at any time... and that is definitely not something you want to happen at the last moment.

i have lost my sister my dad and my mother in the space of 2 years so i have been medicated for depression but am not on them now. Will this effect it?
Not likely, no. You will want to get a letter from your GP that outlines the situation, the medication, and the prognosis. This is purely proactive prevention, but you don't want to give the Knightsbridge doctors any reason to give a poor report.

Ian
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Hey you guys are going to be soo fed up of me bybthe time i have this sorted. So these forms that need filling out for me and the children can they be sent in or will we need to go to the embassy. He has an appointment to get his passport in a week..should he express a desire to move back at that appointment or should we just stick to doing forms. Sorry if im being thick. I am going to grab a pad and jot down all the useful stuff younhave told me. So greatful.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

So these forms that need filling out for me and the children can they be sent in or will we need to go to the embassy.
Everything is sent through the post or via courier.

...should he express a desire to move back at that appointment...
No, because getting his US passport is irrelevant to your immigration plans. Remember - he is a USC and so doesn't need the services of US immigration (except as it applies to you and the children). He is a USC and can freely return to the US any time he wants... but by US law, all US citizens must enter/exit the US using a US passport.

Here's a thought - is your husband also a UK citizen? If not, there's a definite advantage to getting that process over with before you all return to the US.

Ian
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Everything is sent through the post or via courier.

Here's a thought - is your husband also a UK citizen? If not, there's a definite advantage to getting that process over with before you all return to the US.

Ian
Very good thought, Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.