Reload this Page >

US marrying UK citizen advice please

US marrying UK citizen advice please

Old May 15th 2004, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Mist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US marrying UK citizen advice please

Hello all

Can anyone give me info on a UK citizen marrying a US citizen and then residing in the US please…

Thank you in advance
Old May 15th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US marrying UK citizen advice please

Originally posted by Mist
Hello all

Can anyone give me info on a UK citizen marrying a US citizen and then residing in the US please…

Thank you in advance
You will find plenty of info on here look up on search marriage on tourist visa, Marriage on K1, Marriage on K3.
Or go to www.visajourney.com
Old May 15th 2004, 10:30 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mist
Hello all

Thank you in advance
You might want to add a little detail about your specific situation- when/where you want to marry; how long you've known each other; do you plan on using fiancee visa, or come married, where the 2 of you reside....
Old May 15th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

For inspiration, see "Long and winding road" - Beatles.
Old May 16th 2004, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Thankyou...the link was invaluable
Old May 16th 2004, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Thank you Ironporer...where we might eventually settle has yet to be determined...we have known each other for three years and don't feel pressured to rush into things, though we do feel that marriage sooner rather than later is more of a possibility.

I guess with all I have read thus far, would even allow the possibility of marrying under a tourist visa as our reasons would not be deceitful insofar as we would not be trying to usurp US immigration laws by using marriage as a means of securing a residency in the US.

Best wishes
Old May 16th 2004, 4:49 am
Just Joined

thank you Calgary...as the quiet member of the fab four was sang "It don't come easy" and of course i know that is true of life in general
Old May 16th 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough

I guess with all I have read thus far, would even allow the possibility of marrying under a tourist visa as our reasons would not be deceitful insofar as we would not be trying to usurp US immigration laws by using marriage as a means of securing a residency in the US.

Best wishes
Would you be going back to England after marriage in the US to wait for a K3?