Wikiposts

US with K1 pending

Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US with K1 pending

Hi

I know this has been mentioned before but I would just like to hear the experiences of other Brits travelling to the US under the WWP for a holiday while their application is being processed.

I understand that nothing is certain and immigration always have the right to refuse entry, I just wanted to hear other people's experiences to understand how high the risk of being turned away is.

Thanks
Clare
Old Oct 9th 2003, 12:48 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US with K1 pending

Originally posted by clare47uk
Hi

I know this has been mentioned before but I would just like to hear the experiences of other Brits travelling to the US under the WWP for a holiday while their application is being processed.

I understand that nothing is certain and immigration always have the right to refuse entry, I just wanted to hear other people's experiences to understand how high the risk of being turned away is.

Thanks
Clare
I never really had any hassle travelling to the US under the Visa Waiver scheme, just a few questions about why I was here, where I was staying. However, the immigration officer will want to be sure that you intend returning to your home country and you will need to take as much evidence as possible such as proof of employment, ownership of home, family ties and so on.

Strangely, for me, the biggest hassle I got was when entering the US under my K-1 when I was heavily interrogated about my relationship with quite a few personal questions about my fiance and her family etc. Something which came as a surprise as I was not expecting it.

John
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lc
Did you answer "Yes" and still get through, or did you answer "no" on the basis that it was true for that particular trip?
LC, these are my thoughts on this. I'm thinking they are asking for this particular trip, or you'd only have to fill out the form once in your entire life. Since you fill one out on every trip, I'd say the questions (and answers) only apply to that particular trip. So if you have no intent to live in the US while on this trip, the truthful answer in my opinion would be no.

Elaine
Old Oct 10th 2003, 2:51 am
Lc

John,

I have a question - on the visa waiver form it asks if you intend to
live in the US. Quite truthfully in the past I have answered No, but
it will change very soon. Did you answer "Yes" and still get through,
or did you answer "no" on the basis that it was true for that
particular trip?

Many thanks,

LC

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:04 am
Andy Platt

If you answer yes to that question on a visa waiver that is waiving a huge
red flag. The question is about *this* trip and the answer is No.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"LC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > John,
    > I have a question - on the visa waiver form it asks if you intend to
    > live in the US. Quite truthfully in the past I have answered No, but
    > it will change very soon. Did you answer "Yes" and still get through,
    > or did you answer "no" on the basis that it was true for that
    > particular trip?
    > Many thanks,
    > LC

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

From the US london embassy web site

Can I travel to the United States while my application for an immigrant or fiancé(e) visa is being processed?

If you intend taking up permanent residence in the U.S., you are required to wait until the immigrant or fiancé(e) visa is issued. You cannot reside in the U.S. on a tourist visa or visa free under the Visa Waiver Program while waiting the issuance of an immigrant or fiancé(e) visa. However, if you wish to make a temporary visit at the end of which you will return to your permanent residence outside the United States, you may travel on a tourist (B-2) visa, or visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, if qualified.

If applying for a B-2 visa, you are required to furnish evidence of your residence outside the United States to which you intend returning at the end of your temporary stay. Although a pending immigrant or fiancé(e) visa application is not necessarily conclusive evidence of intent to abandon a U.K. residence, it is a factor considered by consular officers reviewing a visa application. If you are unable to convince the consular officer reviewing the application that you do not intend abandoning your residence, you will not be issued a visa.

When traveling to the U.S. either with a visa or visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, you should be sure to carry with you for presentation to an immigration inspector evidence of your residence outside the U.S. If the immigration inspector is not convinced that you are a bona fide visitor for pleasure, you will be denied entry into the United States.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:17 am
Lc

Hi everyone,

This is great advice. Thank you all for your useful information!

LC

Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DCmarc
-------------------------------------------------------------
aww its that stupid ray6 again. hello stupid

This person is a troll (a sick person who gets his joy from posting nonesense). Please disregard any postings from him/her/it

DCMark
Hi:

????

The posting was quite appropriate.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
????
Ignore Mr F..its just the resident troll billwilson597
or his ilk..retaliating against his critics and impersonating another of his critics....
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:17 pm
JimRazor

Originally posted by ray6
Ignore Mr F..its just the resident troll billwilson597
or his ilk..retaliating against his critics and impersonating another of his critics....

critic??? how about mudslinger, I have read your ignorant posts and a critic is a person with intelligence, and that would not be you.

you are a mudslinger

Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:23 pm
Ray

Originally posted by JimRazor
critic??? how about mudslinger, I have read your ignorant posts and a critic is a person with intelligence, and that would not be you.
you are a mudslinger
Got a new name then Bill..its about time..
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

????

Folk, I know you saw the slight name change, right?

DCmarc is a made up name in attempt to libel me. It is a fake screen name from a known troll poster named BillWilson and Okiedokie. If you search on my real name you will know why.

DCMark
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by JimRazor

you are a mudslinger
This person is a troll, the same one as BillWilson, OkieDokie and all the others.

'The truth will set us free'