Wikiposts

US Embassy in Turkey

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Embassy in Turkey

I am so happy we are dealing with an embassy that actually is willing to help you out when they can. We need to have the Visa issued prior to the beginning of April because we bought plane tickets last year and they expire at the beginning of April this year. For those who don't know my wife previously had a green card and we didn't know it was not valid anymore prior to buying the tickets for my wife and her 2 children last year. Thus we had to file for the K3 visa which has taken almost 9 months from start to finish.

They had told us that my wife's interview date was March 22nd but today my wife got the appointment letter and it says April 7th. My wife called and I emailed the Embassy about this and here is their response:

Please disregard the appointment letter for April 7, 2004. This was sent before we changed the appointment to March 22, 2004. The necessary information was given to your spouse over the phone today. Her name will be posted at the gate on March 22, 2004.

Like I said it's nice dealing with an Embassy where they really didn't have to help us but they did.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Embassy in Turkey

That's good news tmushen - Can I have your embassy??? Mine (Peru) is being difficult

Cheers,
Angela
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
That's good news tmushen - Can I have your embassy??? Mine (Peru) is being difficult

Cheers,
Angela
I'm sorry to hear that. You would think that their would some kind of training that would at least make all the Embassies operate in a similair fashion. Of course one Embassy might have more cases than others but it seems like their is no coordination across the board. Some embassies don't even take emails and only answer the phone an hour a day. I found that unbelievable but I am sure someone will now jump on me for expecting the Embassies to actually function better than most of them do.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:02 am
Weary and Still Waiverin'

Nassara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tmushen
I'm sorry to hear that. You would think that their would some kind of training that would at least make all the Embassies operate in a similair fashion. Of course one Embassy might have more cases than others but it seems like their is no coordination across the board. Some embassies don't even take emails and only answer the phone an hour a day. I found that unbelievable but I am sure someone will now jump on me for expecting the Embassies to actually function better than most of them do.

My Embassy answers the phone when they feel like it and when you get someone the connection is so bad you spend most of your time screaming WHAT . Email , I might as well send a message in a bottle. But, what do you expect any government ran office is crazy, post office, social security. Immigration offices are by far the worst.