Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

US Embassy In Manila..Over worked.under paid,under staffed, or

Wikiposts

US Embassy In Manila..Over worked.under paid,under staffed, or

Old Jul 21st 2002, 5:20 pm
Steve Hubbard

Default US Embassy In Manila..Over worked.under paid,under staffed, or

Try this one on sports fans...3 weeks ago a courier came to deliver a letter to my
wife in Manila (I'm assuming it is of great importance)...she was not home and the
relative who was asked who is the letter from and was told "US Embassy...signature
required"...he was told my wife was not there and he sped off on his motor
scooter...never to return! We don't know who he was or where he was from...I have
called the Embassy in Manila and they can find no record of a delivery earmarked for
my wife despite what our relative is reporting...I have been given conflicting
reports and been sent on a wild goose chase by both the Embassy (and relatives I
might add) tying to track this correspondence down...I am sending my wife to the
local Postal Precinct in Manila just on a chance it might be held there for pick
up...we are working on a K-3 Visa that was submitted in Jan and was then placed on
Administrative Review in Mar and have been in processing ever since... there has been
no word on resolution of our case despite Congressional inquiries on our
behalf...This is a classic example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand
is doing...a system so bad that it's being held together with bailing wire and bubble
gum leaving no surprise as to why undesirables in the past were granted visas to come
here ...at my wits end!!!!!

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

arborlis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Embassy In Manila..Over worked.under paid,under staffed, or

Steve,

I feel you bro. My fiance is also going through the review in Manila. If the embassy truly sent you a letter it would be posted in their system. My fiance called the embassy after receiving her notice of review and they asked her if she got it. Obviously there is a record there if something has been sent to an applicant.

Just keep being patient and try to occupy yourself with things that keep your mind off of this situation. It's easier for me to just forget about it and hope that something will happen soon.

As far as the Manila embassy is concerned there appears to be nothing we can do to get them off their butts. Maybe if we could contact the president he could do something for us. I feel like he will only help those who are making large donations to his party and re-election campaign.

Anthony
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 12:20 pm
Steve Hubbard

Default Re: US Embassy In Manila..Over worked.under paid,under staffed, or

Thanks for the encouragement...been very easy to get down about this as of
late...unsure about this letter situation or why the relative would state
this...can't worry about it I guess...just having to bite my tongue and be even more
patient...not easy but Thanks...sh