Wikiposts

US Embassy London

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough
Default US Embassy London

After submitting our I-130's by Royal Mail Special Delivery for guaranteed delivery on 22 AUgust 2008, we started to panic that after 4 weeks we had heard nothing from the Embassy. After much discussions on this forum, we sent an email to the Embassy, and we got a reply. We spend most of yesterday emailing backwards & forwards to the Embassy, to be told at 4.30pm yeaterday that they have not received our petition and to re submit it.. Royal mail are insisting that they have delivered the original envelope.

So after 4.5 weeks waiting we are now having to start the process again,:curse::curse:
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Embassy London

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
After submitting our I-130's by Royal Mail Special Delivery for guaranteed delivery on 22 AUgust 2008, we started to panic that after 4 weeks we had heard nothing from the Embassy. After much discussions on this forum, we sent an email to the Embassy, and we got a reply. We spend most of yesterday emailing backwards & forwards to the Embassy, to be told at 4.30pm yeaterday that they have not received our petition and to re submit it.. Royal mail are insisting that they have delivered the original envelope.

So after 4.5 weeks waiting we are now having to start the process again,:curse::curse:
Oh no, sorry to hear that. Did they ever cash the checks? I would put a stop payment on those, and write new ones, just in case they happen to find the first set and cash the checks.

Rene
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Gu2Me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Embassy London

They seem to be having a pretty rough month at the Embassy!!
We had exactly the same thing happen to us with the Notice of Applicant Readiness.
Royal mail say the packet was delivered and their website supports this also.
I have just resubmitted the check list. Ho hum
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

auntannie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found the Royal Mail website inconsistent when tracking 'signed for etc' mail- Typical:curse: My Brother in UK has been getting his mail delivered at 5pm at night lately!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:00 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I was told this by the Embassy.

If you send it normal post addressed to either the office that deals with I-130 or the visa section it goes into their mailbox and straight to them.

All items that have to be signed for go into the main mail box for the Embassy and end up in the Embassy post room. From there they eventually, or not, get taken to whoever they were addressed to.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough

Yipee We received an email today with a filing date of 25th September

We had emailed the embassy and let them know that we had sent the petition again on Tuesday 23rd September by special delivery.

Now the long process begins.

thanks again for all the support.