Wikiposts

Urgent - some queries

Old Jun 12th 2002, 1:20 pm
Vainy

Default Urgent - some queries

I was on L1-B visa. and I got laid off. Is my employer in US supposed to tarnsfer me
back to their office in my home country where I was woking before coming to US ?
Somebody told me that its required by Law.

thanks

Old Jun 12th 2002, 6:24 pm
Melinda Mackenz

Default Re: Urgent - some queries

My husband is on an L1B and from what I understand, they don't have to transfer you
anywhere. Once you are laid off, that is it. You have 30 days to leave the country so
you go home and look for a new job.

"vainy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was on L1-B visa. and I got laid off. Is my employer in US supposed to tarnsfer
    > me back to their office in my home country where I was woking before coming to US ?
    > Somebody told me that its required by Law.
    >
    > thanks

Old Jun 14th 2002, 8:20 am
Sylvia Ottemoel

Default Re: Urgent - some queries

vainy wrote:

> I was on L1-B visa. and I got laid off. Is my employer in US supposed to tarnsfer
    > me back to their office in my home country where I was woking before coming to US ?
    > Somebody told me that its required by Law.

That "somebody" may have heard about the employer's obligation to pay the cost of
return transportation to the employee's home country for any H-1B holder who is
terminated from the job position before the end of the authorized H-1B period.

This provision does not apply to L-1 holders. Nor does it have anything to do with
returning to a job position.