Reload this Page >

URGENT - I864A Affidavit of Support

URGENT - I864A Affidavit of Support

Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Eagle_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT - I864A Affidavit of Support

Hello,

I need urgent assistance as my US embassy interview is tomorrow.

My wife (Sponsor) has filled out an affidavit form (I-864) which is fine. My Father-in-law (Joint Sponsor) has also filled out an affidavit form (I-864) which is also fine. My Mother-in-law has filled out an 'Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member' form (I-864A) which she has signed and dated, but I discovered, to my horror, that the Sponsor (my Father-in-law) has not signed and dated this form, although he has signed and dated the main affidavit form.

Will my application be refused because the I-864A is incomplete?

I would appreciate a very quick response, if possible!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 1:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT - I864A Affidavit of Support

Definitely your visa won't be denied. If anything, the ConOff will ask you to get an original signature and return the form plus your passport to the consulate so they can then approve your visa.

You can try getting a scanned or faxed copy to take with you to the interview by tomorrow, and explain your situation...who knows, maybe the ConOff will accept a scanned or faxed version. Can't hurt to try.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Eagle_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Definitely your visa won't be denied. If anything, the ConOff will ask you to get an original signature and return the form plus your passport to the consulate so they can then approve your visa.

You can try getting a scanned or faxed copy to take with you to the interview by tomorrow, and explain your situation...who knows, maybe the ConOff will accept a scanned or faxed version. Can't hurt to try.

Rene
Thank you very much Rene.

My wife and I were in a bit of a panic but all is well. I went to the Embassy anyway - nothing ventured nothing gained - and they said the visa will still be approved once they have received the completed signed form. We can breathe again.

Tim
Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eagle_Eyes

My wife and I were in a bit of a panic but all is well. I went to the Embassy anyway - nothing ventured nothing gained - and they said the visa will still be approved once they have received the completed signed form. We can breathe again.

Tim
Excellent! That's exactly what I thought would happen.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I need urgent assistance as my US embassy interview is tomorrow.

My wife (Sponsor) has filled out an affidavit form (I-864) which is fine. My Father-in-law (Joint Sponsor) has also filled out an affidavit form (I-864) which is also fine. My Mother-in-law has filled out an 'Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member' form (I-864A) which she has signed and dated, but I discovered, to my horror, that the Sponsor (my Father-in-law) has not signed and dated this form, although he has signed and dated the main affidavit form.

Will my application be refused because the I-864A is incomplete?

I would appreciate a very quick response, if possible!
If the I-864 is deficient, the visa application is "refused." However, the refusal can be overcome by provision of the correct documentation.

It is not uncommon for a visa to be refused with what I call a "soft" refusal -- one that can be fixed. That is what happened here.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Tim
Hey,

I was wondering how long after you submitted the needed documents that were missing for the interview did you recieve your visa or what timeline (if any) did they give you?