urgent help ..........plz

Wikiposts

urgent help ..........plz

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:33 am
Dhaka

Default urgent help ..........plz

hi,

At last, i have received my immigration interview date for my I-130
application in the consulate aboard. it is scheduled for NOV 30,2004.

please note that i'm married to a u.s. citizen less than 2 yrs.
our second marriage anniversary is on JAN 3,2005.

so, my question is -

1) should i delay my interview date until jan 3,2005.....so that i can
get the IR-1 status on my immigration visa from consulate abroad?

OR

2)should i attend the interview on nov 30,04; and fly to u.s.a. after
my second marriage anniversary date in order to get IR-1 status on
my passport?

please help..........i'm really confused........i really don't want to
go through the conditional status removal process.

thanks a lot in advance.

Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:51 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: urgent help ..........plz

Originally Posted by Dhaka
hi,
Hi Dhaka...

I dont have the answers for you, but i wanted to say congratulations on the I-130 approval and good luck!

Marnee
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

so, my question is -

OR

my passport?

thanks a lot in advance.
Hi there,

It seems to me either you or someone else posted the exact same scenario a week ago or so!! Weird! Anyway, the answer was that you should go to your I-130 interview abroad on schedule, don't change the interview. The PR begins upon your entry to the USA, and your visa is good for 6 months. So you can wait to return to the USA until after January 3rd and avoid having to remove conditions later.

I'll try to find the link to that other posting - it's really odd that it's the exact same thing.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi there,

It seems to me either you or someone else posted the exact same scenario a week ago or so!! Weird! Anyway, the answer was that you should go to your I-130 interview abroad on schedule, don't change the interview. The PR begins upon your entry to the USA, and your visa is good for 6 months. So you can wait to return to the USA until after January 3rd and avoid having to remove conditions later.

I'll try to find the link to that other posting - it's really odd that it's the exact same thing.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Here it is, and it WAS you!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=dhaka

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:43 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ya, i remember that too. I thought it sounded familiar, but i wasnt sure what the final answer was. Seems so many people dont read the replies to their own posts, then ask the same question again.

You are so nice to look that up for him.

Marnee
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Oh ya, i remember that too. I thought it sounded familiar, but i wasnt sure what the final answer was. Seems so many people dont read the replies to their own posts, then ask the same question again.

You are so nice to look that up for him.

Marnee
LOL Marnee...I'm the type that can't rest until I know the answer to something bugging me! LOL

I guess the couple of responses he got aren't really all that clear, you kind of had to read into it a little. Plus, I know when I was first starting out here, I used to have trouble using the search function to find my own previous posts.

To the OP - if you need to return to the USA sooner than Jan 3rd because of work or family obligations (or whatever reason), then you'll have to go through removing conditions later. But, from what I hear, it's no big deal, I wouldn't worry about any of that.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the couple of responses he got aren't really all that clear, you kind of had to read into it a little.
Rene, what part isn't clear? Maybe I can wash it off for you.

Visa= what you get at the interview. Present it at the gate for entry. Is valid for 6 months.
Status= what the POE officer awards you. In the OP's case, the status is based on the length of marriage *at that moment* no matter what the visa says.
ie: if entry after 2 years of marriage, IR-1 status.
It is possible for someone to get a CR-1 Visa, but gain IR-1 status at entry.

I think you had it right in your last answer.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:02 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Marnee...I'm the type that can't rest until I know the answer to something bugging me! LOL

I guess the couple of responses he got aren't really all that clear, you kind of had to read into it a little. Plus, I know when I was first starting out here, I used to have trouble using the search function to find my own previous posts.

To the OP - if you need to return to the USA sooner than Jan 3rd because of work or family obligations (or whatever reason), then you'll have to go through removing conditions later. But, from what I hear, it's no big deal, I wouldn't worry about any of that.

Rene
Same thing happened to me when I first posted. I had started out reading google groups and made a post. Then I found this place (realising I had found it months previously and signed up then forgotten about it). I posted here not realising it was the same as google groups and got slated for having made a previous post. It was quite frustrating at the time.

It was nice of you to respond so kindly. The responses I got could easily have put me off posting here. And what a loss that would have been. I mean to me NOT the board

In fact I'm back here today to find answers to new questions that have come up. This place is sooooo valuable.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Rene, what part isn't clear? Maybe I can wash it off for you.

Visa= what you get at the interview. Present it at the gate for entry. Is valid for 6 months.
Status= what the POE officer awards you. In the OP's case, the status is based on the length of marriage *at that moment* no matter what the visa says.
ie: if entry after 2 years of marriage, IR-1 status.
It is possible for someone to get a CR-1 Visa, but gain IR-1 status at entry.

I think you had it right in your last answer.
Hi Mo!

Thanks for the clarifications. I understood, but my thinking was the way it was worded in separate answers on the OP's original post might have been confusing for HIM to figure out. I thought maybe that was why he re-posted the question. Now everyone is on the same track.

Rene <---who has gotten sooo much good, friendly help here since March 2003! Just have to pass it around!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Attend the interview on the 30th but do not enter the US until after your second wedding anniversary. Your approved I-130 visa is not activated (so to say) until you enter the US. Be sure that you tell the inspector that it is past your second anniversary (show him your marriage certificate) and make sure that he enters IR-1 as your status and not CPR-1.

Your subsequent green card will reflect the IR-1 status and will be for ten years.

hi,

so, my question is -

OR

my passport?

thanks a lot in advance.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Attend the interview on the 30th but do not enter the US until after your second wedding anniversary. Your approved I-130 visa is not activated (so to say) until you enter the US. Be sure that you tell the inspector that it is past your second anniversary (show him your marriage certificate) and make sure that he enters IR-1 as your status and not CPR-1.

Your subsequent green card will reflect the IR-1 status and will be for ten years.

Ooops Mexie beat me to it ;-)
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:16 am
Dhaka

hi,

i got my immigrant visa on nov 30. it says CR-1 as visa category.
the interview was pretty straight forward. they just ask for my
marriage certificate and police verification.

as you advised earlier, i will enter u.s. after my 2nd marriage
anniversary.
i hope that the immigration officer at poe will stamp my passport as
IR-1.

i have a question- should i ask or point out to the officer about the
2nd marriage anniversary? or should i wait to see whether he/she
notice it?

thanx a lot ..........to all of you for ur helpful information.

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 7:39 am

hi,

i got my immigrant visa on nov 30. it says CR-1 as visa category.
the interview was pretty straight forward. they just ask for my
marriage certificate and police verification.

as you advised earlier, i will enter u.s. after my 2nd marriage
anniversary.
i hope that the immigration officer at poe will stamp my passport as
IR-1.

i have a question- should i ask or point out to the officer about the
2nd marriage anniversary? or should i wait to see whether he/she
notice it?

thanx a lot ..........to all of you for ur helpful information.
Hi Dhaka,

It seems to me you asked this on another thread, and the answer was to gently ask the POE officer whether you are eligible for the IR-1 stamp...very politely and with a smile Definitely keep your eyes on what he stamps and if it's not the IR-1, then do the above.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:09 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

so, my question is -

OR

my passport?

thanks a lot in advance.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

As Rete and Meauxna already, activate your visa by entering after the second anniversary!!
Take care!