Urgent Help needed for Finance Visa

Wikiposts

Urgent Help needed for Finance Visa

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:49 am
Just Joined

capriono is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Help needed for Finance Visa

Hi Everybody,

I got my fiance petition approved back in february, and had my interview some days ago at US embassy.
Interview went good, but at the end he gave me my passport saying they have to do further back ground checks on our case.
I thought they should have already done these checks before scheduling my interview, coz that is what i have been reading on internet and in your this group.
But dont know why they didnt.
They asked for two months period which has put us back of our wedding plans.
My fiance petition is valid till 31st of this month, and now i dont know what to do.
Since embassy wants to do background checks, and my petition is running short of time.
i need your help as what to do next. I am not afraid of any backgorund checks, but m worried of the date, which ll go void on 31st.

Kindly tell me, if u too have faced same kind of situation. I am so looking forward for your responses.

Do they do background checks for all the fiance applicants after interview. Because i have read they should do it before my interview.

How much time it ll take, and what ll be the next procedure.
The letter which they gave to me says"

We are unable to issue you an immigrant visa today, beacuase you r ineligible to recieve one under section 211.

and down there they option they checked is

your case must undergo further administrative processing.

Plz. help me. Tell me what is this all.

Anybody who got the same situation, and got the visa............ plz. tell me, what is it.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent Help needed for Finance Visa

Originally posted by capriono
Hi Everybody,

I got my fiance petition approved back in february, and had my interview some days ago at US embassy.
Interview went good, but at the end he gave me my passport saying they have to do further back ground checks on our case.
I thought they should have already done these checks before scheduling my interview, coz that is what i have been reading on internet and in your this group.
But dont know why they didnt.
They asked for two months period which has put us back of our wedding plans.
My fiance petition is valid till 31st of this month, and now i dont know what to do.
Since embassy wants to do background checks, and my petition is running short of time.
i need your help as what to do next. I am not afraid of any backgorund checks, but m worried of the date, which ll go void on 31st.

Kindly tell me, if u too have faced same kind of situation. I am so looking forward for your responses.

Do they do background checks for all the fiance applicants after interview. Because i have read they should do it before my interview.

How much time it ll take, and what ll be the next procedure.
The letter which they gave to me says"

We are unable to issue you an immigrant visa today, beacuase you r ineligible to recieve one under section 211.

and down there they option they checked is

your case must undergo further administrative processing.

Plz. help me. Tell me what is this all.

Anybody who got the same situation, and got the visa............ plz. tell me, what is it.
Hi:

The consulate has the power to extend the validity of the petition. As an aside, it might be a good idea when the visa is issued that you ask if they took care of endorsing the petition with the extension. There have been reports of problems where the K-1 visa was issued and the consulate simply forgot to make the necessary endorsement on the visa petition of the extension.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:30 am
Just Joined

capriono is an unknown quantity at this point

does everybody who gets a finace visa go through this kind of background check?

i have read they do it before interview??

kindly tell me what is process of background checking, and in how much time i should expect my letter from them.

What will happen after i receive my letter, ll i have to go for another intereview.

Thanks again
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:39 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

capriono,

Everybody who gets a fiance(e) visa goes through some kind of background check. Don't know if it's what you are presently going through because I, we, and you don't know exactly what is being done now in your case.

In most cases, from what I can tell, the standard background checks are completed prior to the interview. I am personally aware of a few cases where information that came out at the interview caused the interviewer to request new or additional checks.

The additional checks could take days, weeks, or months. It depends on what is being checked and what is found while checking, and maybe on a few other things as well.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by capriono
does everybody who gets a finace visa go through this kind of background check?

i have read they do it before interview??

kindly tell me what is process of background checking, and in how much time i should expect my letter from them.

What will happen after i receive my letter, ll i have to go for another intereview.

Thanks again
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

What country is your fiance from?
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Alison,

His post is a bit ambiguous, but most likely his (or her) fiance(e) is from the USA.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by AlisonPA
What country is your fiance from?
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Alison,

His post is a bit ambiguous, but most likely his (or her) fiance(e) is from the USA.

Regards, JEff
OK then, what country is he/she from? Edited to say that when I looked at capriono's details it's Peru. Not sure what difference that makes.

Last edited by AlisonPA; Jun 3rd 2004 at 4:56 am.