Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Urgent Guys Please Help I-864 And I-864a

Wikiposts

Urgent Guys Please Help I-864 And I-864a

Old Aug 17th 2003, 3:13 pm
lebis

Default I-864 and I-864a

i married Minnesota with tourist visa. i live with my father-in-law house with my husband.
my husband doesnt work because his father disabled. he looked after him.
my husband will be sponsor for me but he is umeployed. my father- in -law will be joint sponsor.
we called ins four times and we told them our situation. they told us that me, my husband and my father-in-law lives together so, my husband has to fill out i-864. my father- in -law has to fill out i-864A.
i read so much about affidavit of support. i never find about like that situation.
my mind is so cunfused. because i really dont understand that why my father -in -law doesnt fill out i-864 as a joint sponsor. they said that because of we live together. but i really want to learn truth. we will apply soon ins.
i really affraid to be make wrong. plz help me.
by the way, would you like to learn about i-864 and about i-864A.

1- why my husband has to be fill out i-864 in spite of he is unemployment?
2- why my father in law doesnt fill out i-864?
3- why my father in law fill out i-864A? (this is between my husband and my father in law), (they are us citizen)
if my father in law fill out i-864A, how we will proof his %125 situation? because i have read they dont say about that anything.
they dont want any document?

Last edited by lebis; Aug 18th 2003 at 7:54 am.

Old Aug 17th 2003, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Breebree is an unknown quantity at this point

Your husband fills out the I-864 because he is your spouse and sponsor. Your father in law is co-sponsor that is why he fills out the I-864a. Even though you are using your father in laws income to for sponsor ship you husband still needs to fill out the I-864. If I am wrong some one will correct me.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 3:30 pm
lebis

Originally posted by Breebree
Your husband fills out the I-864 because he is your spouse and sponsor. Your father in law is co-sponsor that is why he fills out the I-864a. Even though you are using your father in laws income to for sponsor ship you husband still needs to fill out the I-864. If I am wrong some one will correct me.

Hi, first of all, thank you so much your answer. but i am wondering why my father in law doesnt fill out i-864?

and how we will show his income ins? i -864 A doesnt want and proof?

plz answer me.

Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Guys Please Help I-864 And I-864a

Originally posted by lebis
i married Minnesota with tourist visa. i live with my father-in-law house with my husband.
my husband doesnt work because his father disabled. he looked after him.
my husband will be sponsor for me but he is umeployed. my father- in -law will be joint sponsor.
we called ins four times and we told them our situation. they told us that me, my husband and my father-in-law lives together so, my husband has to fill out i-864. my father- in -law has to fill out i-864A.
i read so much about affidavit of support. i never find about like that situation.
my mind is so cunfused. because i really dont understand that why my father -in -law doesnt fill out i-864 as a joint sponsor. they said that because of we live together. but i really want to learn truth. we will apply soon ins.
i really affraid to be make wrong. plz help me.
by the way, would you like to learn about i-864 and about i-864A.

1- why my husband has to be fill out i-864 in spite of he is unemployment?
2- why my father in law doesnt fill out i-864?
3- why my father in law fill out i-864? (this is between my husband and my father in law), (they are us citizen)
if my father in law fill out i-864A, how we will proof his %125 situation? because i have read they dont say about that anything.
they dont want any document?
1- Your husband is *always* your primary sponsor, no matter his income because that's the rule.
2-Your f-i-l is part of your "household".
3-You have to read a bit between the lines for the -A. Attach proof of the f-i-l's inclime/assets to the -A, just as you would for the main document. Use the primary sponsor steps as a guideline. We had several pages of explanation attached to our I-864 +A.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:20 am
lebis

Default Re: Urgent Guys Please Help I-864 And I-864a

Originally posted by meauxna
1- Your husband is *always* your primary sponsor, no matter his income because that's the rule.
2-Your f-i-l is part of your "household".
3-You have to read a bit between the lines for the -A. Attach proof of the f-i-l's inclime/assets to the -A, just as you would for the main document. Use the primary sponsor steps as a guideline. We had several pages of explanation attached to our I-864 +A.
thank you so much. i really understand right now. everything is correct.

my husband fill out i-864
my f-i-l fill out i-864A (between my husband and f-i-l)
and we will attach his income documents to i-864A.

i hope i understand. because my english is terrible.

God bless and protect you.

Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:11 am
lebis

hi meauxna, we are fill out i-864A but i didnt understand somethings.

i-864A (between my husband and my f-i-l)

1--its writing, sponsor's name? (my husband or my f-i-l?)
2--Part 1 Information on sponsor's household member or sponsored immigrant/household member. Who will fill out part 1? (my husband or my f-i-l?)
3--The Sponsor........................................., in consideration of the
(print name of sponsor)
household member's promise to support the sponsered immigrant and to be jointly and severally liable for any obligaitons incur under the affidavit of support, promise to complete and file and affidavit of support on behalf of the following......................................... .... sponsored immigrant:
(indicate number)

4-- Part 3. Household Member's Promise
I. The household ................ .......................................
(Print name of householdmember)

by the way, part 3 has numbers. will we circle this numbers?

Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:35 pm
lebis

PLZ REPLY

Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:36 pm
lebis

[***

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:23 am
lebis

plz reply my message.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lebis
hi meauxna, we are fill out i-864A but i didnt understand somethings.

i-864A (between my husband and my f-i-l)

1--its writing, sponsor's name? (my husband or my f-i-l?)
2--Part 1 Information on sponsor's household member or sponsored immigrant/household member. Who will fill out part 1? (my husband or my f-i-l?)
3--The Sponsor........................................., in consideration of the
(print name of sponsor)
household member's promise to support the sponsered immigrant and to be jointly and severally liable for any obligaitons incur under the affidavit of support, promise to complete and file and affidavit of support on behalf of the following......................................... .... sponsored immigrant:
(indicate number)

4-- Part 3. Household Member's Promise
I. The household ................ .......................................
(Print name of householdmember)

by the way, part 3 has numbers. will we circle this numbers?
lebis, I don't have the form in front of me and don't want to put you wrong. This much I know:
Your husband is and always will be your sponsor. Your f-i-l is the household member.
Your f-i-l can use the equity in his house (market value minus mortgage debt) as an asset to make up the shortfall in his income, but only at a rate of 5 to 1.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:07 am
lebis

Originally posted by meauxna
lebis, I don't have the form in front of me and don't want to put you wrong. This much I know:
Your husband is and always will be your sponsor. Your f-i-l is the household member.
Your f-i-l can use the equity in his house (market value minus mortgage debt) as an asset to make up the shortfall in his income, but only at a rate of 5 to 1.

hi, you are great couple. thank you
God Bless you forever. you are so kind and believer.

1- and we can show t heir his own house as a income.. its great.
i hope i didnt misunderstood.

2- you said before we can send some documents belongs my father-in-law income to ins with i-864A. am i right?

bye now.