Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

URGENT - do congressman call for bad reasons?

Wikiposts

URGENT - do congressman call for bad reasons?

Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

soleil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT - do congressman call for bad reasons?

BIG question to ask. Today we had a message on our answering machine from our congressman's liason. This one of hte congressman we had written to.

She left a message saying "please call me". Do they actually call to let you down? Or do they only call to give you good news?

HOPING FOR THE LATTER!!!
thanks,
Sunny
Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: URGENT - do congressman call for bad reasons?

Originally posted by soleil
BIG question to ask. Today we had a message on our answering machine from our congressman's liason. This one of hte congressman we had written to.

She left a message saying "please call me". Do they actually call to let you down? Or do they only call to give you good news?

HOPING FOR THE LATTER!!!
thanks,
Sunny
My congressperson's liason called with ANY news. Most of the time to say that she had talked to TSC and this is what they said. So, don't assume bad news, but don't assume good news either. Just call in the morning
Old Mar 5th 2003, 2:00 pm
No longer waiting on TSC!

Troy is an unknown quantity at this point

HOPING FOR THE LATTER!!!
thanks,
Sunny
My congressman's rep called me twice today and left messages. She then called a different number, and I answered, to tell me...... guess what...... that's right... what I already knew for about an hour.... that I had been approved... yeah. She was useful... However, you may have good news in the morning!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2003, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI Troy,

I'm so happy for all you TSCers! I felt so bad for you hearing that they halted processing... my heart really went out to you all.

And now you are approved!!!!! :-) WONDERFUL!

Well my situation - wrote to congressman for help. Sent the letter registered. Found out they got it early Friday morning.

Came home today and find a message on my machine. My mind is going insane thinking of the possibilities... she sounded so cheerful - maybe good news?

anyway, so happy for you! hope we're next! :-)
- Sunny
Old Mar 5th 2003, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Troy,

I'm so happy for all you TSCers! I felt so bad for you hearing that they halted processing... my heart really went out to you all.

And now you are approved!!!!! :-) WONDERFUL!

Well my situation - wrote to congressman for help. Sent the letter registered. Found out they got it early Friday morning.

Came home today and find a message on my machine. My mind is going insane thinking of the possibilities... she sounded so cheerful - maybe good news?

anyway, so happy for you! hope we're next! :-)
- Sunny
Soleil:
My Minnesota Senator's office called a couple days after I first emailed them. I'm sure they just want to touch base with you and discuss the correspondence you sent them. I'm sure it's nothing bad.

Let us know what you find out....sending good thoughts your way!
Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

HOPING FOR THE LATTER!!!
thanks,
Sunny
They are duty bount to follow up any contact you make to them, it may be just a call to say they have no news just yet, or to say your approved, call em back quick !!.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Default twit.

We finally got a hold of that congressional aide.. ugh she's a twit. She can't do anything to help us. She doesn't even know the difference between k1 and k3..

as a side note...I read about a VSC k1 approval that took just 15 days (the app was sent in early feb 2003). Then all the papers got to the country where the fiance lives in "record time" - 14 days.

I'm sorry... I'm trying to be a good sport, but jeez that pisses me off. I'm happy for that person, but man, am I burned up about NSC.

so depressed...

Feel like I can't look at this stuff for a while to come....

I'll "see" you all in a couple days..

I'd say good luck, but I doubt it will help..

- sunny (feeling not so sunny!)
Old Mar 7th 2003, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: twit.

It's okay to feel bad....you know we are here for you when you want to "pop" in and say hello.

Did you read of that quick approval on the DaveHollis site?....anyway, try to have a good weekend and I'm sure we'll be chatting soon.