Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update wedding, AOS filing at Orlando and other things!

Wikiposts

Update wedding, AOS filing at Orlando and other things!

Old Jul 18th 2002, 7:20 am
Bonnie

Default Update wedding, AOS filing at Orlando and other things!

Just thought I would post and let everyone know we got married on Friday, registered
the marriage certificate that same day. The lady at city hall in Palm Bay had dealt
with the INS herself, so she was very helpful. Monday we drove to Orlando and after
two hours of standing outside, two hours of waiting inside, we filed our AOS. I had
attached several letters explaining my father's health situation, and the girl there
stapled an "Urgent" notice to our AP applications. I applied for my FL driver's
license the other day, and after a few heart stopping moments, they decided to issue
it to me, but in my previous name as opposed to my new married name. The reasoning
behind this was that my visa and Ont license were all in the other name. Oh
well...they said I should get it in the mail in 30 days. I was also told that after I
have my green card they will do a name change on it. My father is home from the
hospital now. Hard to believe three weeks ago he almost died. Bryan is leaving
Afghanistan this Sat and after a 5 day stop over in Guam, should be back in Edmonton
by next Sunday. He will be getting leave the first week of August or so and will be
here in FL by the first part of September. So there is the update. Now it's into
settling down in FL and getting used to the huge spiders and fire ants. I haven't run
into a Palmetto bug yet, but I'm sure it will be an experience to remember. Bonnie F
(Canuck in FL with her wonderful new hubby!!)

Old Jul 18th 2002, 10:20 am
Eileen

Default Re: Update wedding, AOS filing at Orlando and other things!

Congratulations Bonnie and Mr Bonnie. You were due for some happiness. May your road
be a bit smoother from here on in. 3 Dutch kisses (left right left) Eileen

"Bonnie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I would post and let everyone know we got married on Friday,
    > registered the marriage certificate that same day.