Update on RFE

Old Feb 5th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on RFE

Well, I got the RFE in the mail today. It is for what I thought it was going to be. They need the Final Divorce Decree. I'm going to go ahead and send a modified I-129f form as well, because on the original I put the wrong Divorce date (It's only off by a month). I just want to make sure all my bases are covered so they will approve

One question, I know I'm sounding paranoid now - sorry - I plan on sending the stuff to them (TSC) tomorrow via Priority mail, return receipt. Now, my question is tomorrow is Friday so it will be delivered on Saturday. I'm worried about it getting there on a Saturday. Should I have it delivered on Monday instead or do you think Sat. is ok? Is anyone there on Saturday's? I know I'm knit-picking now - that's what this whole process will do to you after awhile

Thanks,
Angela
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:12 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Update on RFE

Hi Angela. Priority mail isn't next-day delivery. It takes 2 to 4 days, so you wouldn't have to worry about it arriving on Saturday. Even if it did, it most likely is sent to the mailroom. (It's possible some work is done over the weekend anyway.) These service centers don't seem to go over their mail the same day anyway.
Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Well, I got the RFE in the mail today. It is for what I thought it was going to be. They need the Final Divorce Decree. I'm going to go ahead and send a modified I-129f form as well, because on the original I put the wrong Divorce date (It's only off by a month). I just want to make sure all my bases are covered so they will approve

One question, I know I'm sounding paranoid now - sorry - I plan on sending the stuff to them (TSC) tomorrow via Priority mail, return receipt. Now, my question is tomorrow is Friday so it will be delivered on Saturday. I'm worried about it getting there on a Saturday. Should I have it delivered on Monday instead or do you think Sat. is ok? Is anyone there on Saturday's? I know I'm knit-picking now - that's what this whole process will do to you after awhile

Thanks,
Angela
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:09 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela,
Well, in some twisted way that must be a load off your mind to finally get the thing, and be prepared for it already!

I don't have experience with an RFE, but if I were you, I would include a cover letter explaining that you are sending a corrected I129f with the right date, and explaining why the date is different. (You may have already planned to do that, so I might not be telling you anything you don't already know......)

As Heba said, Priority mail may take 2-4 days to get there. Strangely, ours was there the next day, the return receipt indicated the next day's date (from when it was sent) and our 1st NOA is dated that very same day. So, at least in our case, mail *DID* get opened the day it was received.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be getting a decision soon!

~SG
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Angela,
Well, in some twisted way that must be a load off your mind to finally get the thing, and be prepared for it already!

I don't have experience with an RFE, but if I were you, I would include a cover letter explaining that you are sending a corrected I129f with the right date, and explaining why the date is different. (You may have already planned to do that, so I might not be telling you anything you don't already know......)

As Heba said, Priority mail may take 2-4 days to get there. Strangely, ours was there the next day, the return receipt indicated the next day's date (from when it was sent) and our 1st NOA is dated that very same day. So, at least in our case, mail *DID* get opened the day it was received.

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be getting a decision soon!

~SG
I would just send it Express mail. It cost more ($13.65) but you can track it from www.usps.com and print out the receipt with the name of the person who signs for the package when it is received.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 1:45 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmushen
I would just send it Express mail. It cost more ($13.65) but you can track it from www.usps.com and print out the receipt with the name of the person who signs for the package when it is received.
Good idea, but if you are looking for the actual "person" who received the package, I think you're going to be disappointed. I have my return receipt and it's stamped, "Terry Way". Mr. Way is the Director of the NSC and I highly doubt he was working the mailroom on May 29. Anyone else gotten another name?

~SG
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:09 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Strangely, ours was there the next day, the return receipt indicated the next day's date (from when it was sent) and our 1st NOA is dated that very same day. So, at least in our case, mail *DID* get opened the day it was received.
Cool. That's kind of like having a lucky morning with all the traffic signals turning green on your way to work.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:12 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Cool. That's kind of like having a lucky morning with all the traffic signals turning green on your way to work.
Yep, we were really excited about that, and in our strange newbie induced euphoria, thought it was a "good sign". *LOL*

Ah, we were so young and innocent at the time.

~SG
(only one more night's vitamin in the bowl now! tick tock tick tock)
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, we were really excited about that, and in our strange newbie induced euphoria, thought it was a "good sign". *LOL*

Ah, we were so young and innocent at the time.

~SG
(only one more night's vitamin in the bowl now! tick tock tick tock)
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I'll send it Priority anyway. After waiting Mooonths what's a couple days, right?

I'm hoping we'll get approval soon!!!

SG- Yes I already had a cover letter ready and signed explaining why I re-did the I129f form - Thanks and don't forget to take your last vitamin!

Angela
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good idea, but if you are looking for the actual "person" who received the package, I think you're going to be disappointed. I have my return receipt and it's stamped, "Terry Way". Mr. Way is the Director of the NSC and I highly doubt he was working the mailroom on May 29. Anyone else gotten another name?

~SG
The actual person signing wasn't that important to me. It was that I was able to check online to see when it was received. The day after it was received by NBC via USPS website my online status changed to say that they received my additional information.

For my other RFE for the I130 it took 4 days after the USPS website stated that it was received by VSC that my online status changed to state that Vermont received my additional information.

Thus the person signing was less important for me but knowing that they should recieve the package next day via Express mail was reassuring. Did it speed up my process? No but it makes you feel like your taking care of your end as quickly as possible. Good luck.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 2:32 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Tmushen,

Have you heard anything from Vermont? I can't believe that they would take so long.
The actual person signing wasn't that important to me. It was that I was able to check online to see when it was received. The day after it was received by NBC via USPS website my online status changed to say that they received my additional information.

For my other RFE for the I130 it took 4 days after the USPS website stated that it was received by VSC that my online status changed to state that Vermont received my additional information.

Thus the person signing was less important for me but knowing that they should recieve the package next day via Express mail was reassuring. Did it speed up my process? No but it makes you feel like your taking care of your end as quickly as possible. Good luck.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Tmushen,

Have you heard anything from Vermont? I can't believe that they would take so long.
It's been 62 days and I could call and do a status inquiry or have my congressional rep call but I am going to wait because my wife already sent the Packet 3 information for the K3 Visa to Ankara with the approval as told by my lawyer. I think she will have an interview date in the next 2 weeks so I don't want any more hold ups. Even though my case was supposdly given to an officer on 12/29 and I was told depending on the case work on the officer's desk it would take 2 to 4 weeks that has now passed.

Any way I check everyday but part of me hopes it's approved as soon as possible and another part of me hopes it could wait a few more weeks so not to push us back another couple months as I believe the NVC processing for I130 takes longer.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

After the NBC received the additional documents I sent according to the USPS website, it took a week for them to acknowledge receipt of the documents. But it was right after thanksgiving, so they probably had a ton of mail that had piled up!