Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

UPDATE: NYC AOS interview set (K3 applicant) !!!

UPDATE: NYC AOS interview set (K3 applicant) !!!

Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UPDATE: NYC AOS interview set (K3 applicant) !!!

Hey guys....

I cant believe it, there is an interview set for my husbands AOS...June 22,2004!!! I swear I must be dreaming, I thought NY was taking like 24 months to process AOS applications. My husband submitted his AOS application Octaber 2003! So thats about 6 months. We are truly pleaseantly surprised, this was totally unexpected. The interview is in Garden City ???...I thought all AOS was done at Federal Plaza address???

So many questions. I'll keep in touch. Anyone in a similar situation.

~Claudia and Jose
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UPDATE: NYC AOS interview set (K3 applicant) !!!

Originally posted by claudia13839
I cant believe it, there is an interview set for my husbands AOS...June 22,2004!!! I swear I must be dreaming, I thought NY was taking like 24 months to process AOS applications. My husband submitted his AOS application Octaber 2003! So thats about 6 months. We are truly pleaseantly surprised, this was totally unexpected. The interview is in Garden City ???...I thought all AOS was done at Federal Plaza address???
~Claudia and Jose
You got a NOA, which means your case is actually being handled by the MSC/National Benefits Center. Maybe the Garden City Asylum Office is doing status adjustments also (not a bad idea!).

Bush campaigned in 2000 for a universal 6-month processing standard for immigration applications. He wants to get re-elected, so this is the kind of thing that he has his administration doing this year.

CP
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Chris Parker
You got a NOA, which means your case is actually being handled by the MSC/National Benefits Center. Maybe the Garden City Asylum Office is doing status adjustments also (not a bad idea!).

Bush campaigned in 2000 for a universal 6-month processing standard for immigration applications. He wants to get re-elected, so this is the kind of thing that he has his administration doing this year.

CP

Yes, my case is being handled by MSC...thank God for that. I have a case # beginning in MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news!! Good luck with your interview!

I hope we get an AOS appointment notice too
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:07 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys....

~Claudia and Jose

Wow that was quick!!
CONGRATS!!
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:39 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys....

~Claudia and Jose

Hey Claudia!! Good to see another 2003 K3 alumni AND with good news to boot, . Since TSC seems to have broken the log jam we're hoping to see an approved 130 this year, maybe even this summer. We are opting to wait for the 130 rather than apply for AOS now.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Holey moley!!!!

A glimmer of hope for the rest of us in NYC who are patiently waiting...

Let us know how it goes,
Peter

Hey guys....

~Claudia and Jose
Old Apr 6th 2004, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my case is being handled by MSC...thank God for that. I have a case # beginning in MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Congratulations on the super quick turnaround. As for the MSC, I don't know if "handle" is the correct term. MSC is sent your paperwork and will process the A/P and EAD and set up your appointment fingerprinting, etc. but from what I've read posted by others, NBC does not do any processing of the AOS but rather "holds" the paperwork until the district office is ready to adjudicate it.

Glad they are finally utilizing the Garden City office. Makes life a little easier for you guys on the Island and might well utilize some of the slack time if there is any in that office.

Look forward to reading your actual interview experience and your posting of it at:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html

Rete
Old Apr 6th 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to you all for all the help and support.

BTW:

Those at NYC...my coworker with AOS application with priority date of May 2002, has also received her interview appointment date for June 2004 at Federal Plaza. Good luck Rocio and good luck to those waiting at NYC.

~Claudia and Jose
Old Apr 9th 2004, 8:59 pm
Fiona

You are so lucky!!! I got my AOS date for May and I filed Novemeber
2001 - i have waited well over two years and I live in Huntington, NY
so mine is all going thru the Federal Plaza office in NYC. Count your
blessings!! Congrats though - I am definately jealous!

Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Fiona
You are so lucky!!! I got my AOS date for May and I filed Novemeber
2001 - i have waited well over two years and I live in Huntington, NY
so mine is all going thru the Federal Plaza office in NYC. Count your
blessings!! Congrats though - I am definately jealous!
I filed in August 2002 and am still waiting to hear anything on the interview front - and hey we also live in Huntington, NY.