Reload this Page >

Update on missed biometrics appointment for I-751

Wikiposts

Update on missed biometrics appointment for I-751

Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

NOLA_Dave is on a distinguished road
Default Update on missed biometrics appointment for I-751

Quick recap: Right as we had to send in my wife's I-751 (December 2006), she had to return to Japan to help her mother undergo chemotherapy for breast cancer. Her biometrics appointment letter came in a couple of weeks with a late January appointment date. We called the 1-800 line and they told us to just send a letter to the local application support center (ASC) explaining the situation and request a later appointment. Not sure how long she would have to be in Japan, we asked for an appointment in May.

Months went on, and we never heard back from the ASC. My wife's mother is doing fine now (her cancer responded exceptionally well to the chemo) and she came home in late March, a little over 2 months after the original appointment date. (As a side note, she had no problems entering the country with her expired GC and the extension letter which I had mailed to her.) We went down to the office (luckily only a 25 minute drive for us) and explained everything that had happened. Unlike the *******s in the New Orleans office, the folks in Charlotte were very nice and very helpful. They set her up with an appointment at that moment (it was 8:45am, and they gave her a 9am appointment) and we were out of there in 30 minutes.

Oddly enough, a couple of days ago, she finally got a letter from the ASC with a recheduled biometrics appointment for May 9. D'oh! We figured out that they can't schedule an appointment more than 2 or 3 weeks in advance, so they had to wait until the window was closer before they could send us a new appointment. I wish they had sent a letter explaining this to us earlier, but oh well. Anyway, now we get to send a copy of our receipt from that day explaining we already had them done, but I guess it's better to have two appointments than none at all.

Now we just have to wait and see if there is an interview or not (doubtful, but they do randomly choose some couples, like an audit). Here's hoping a new 10 year GC just shows up one day....
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update on missed biometrics appointment for I-751

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Quick recap: Right as we had to send in my wife's I-751 (December 2006), she had to return to Japan to help her mother undergo chemotherapy for breast cancer. Her biometrics appointment letter came in a couple of weeks with a late January appointment date. We called the 1-800 line and they told us to just send a letter to the local application support center (ASC) explaining the situation and request a later appointment. Not sure how long she would have to be in Japan, we asked for an appointment in May.

Months went on, and we never heard back from the ASC. My wife's mother is doing fine now (her cancer responded exceptionally well to the chemo) and she came home in late March, a little over 2 months after the original appointment date. (As a side note, she had no problems entering the country with her expired GC and the extension letter which I had mailed to her.) We went down to the office (luckily only a 25 minute drive for us) and explained everything that had happened. Unlike the *******s in the New Orleans office, the folks in Charlotte were very nice and very helpful. They set her up with an appointment at that moment (it was 8:45am, and they gave her a 9am appointment) and we were out of there in 30 minutes.

Oddly enough, a couple of days ago, she finally got a letter from the ASC with a recheduled biometrics appointment for May 9. D'oh! We figured out that they can't schedule an appointment more than 2 or 3 weeks in advance, so they had to wait until the window was closer before they could send us a new appointment. I wish they had sent a letter explaining this to us earlier, but oh well. Anyway, now we get to send a copy of our receipt from that day explaining we already had them done, but I guess it's better to have two appointments than none at all.

Now we just have to wait and see if there is an interview or not (doubtful, but they do randomly choose some couples, like an audit). Here's hoping a new 10 year GC just shows up one day....
That's good news overall, especially about your mother-in-law. Nothing ever goes totally smoothly with this immigration stuff, does it.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:09 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave

Thats great new's about the Mother inlaw, lets hope that there is no interview and it all goes well from here on in.

On a personal note good to hear that the Mrs's had no worries getting back in with the extention letter and expired GC as I will be doing the same thing on Tuesday and it's into O'hare which always puts the fear of god into me lol.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:14 am
Just Joined

gingi is an unknown quantity at this point

I"m happy for the mother in law. be pateint and all will work just fine