Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

update.. meeting with my Senator

Wikiposts

update.. meeting with my Senator

Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: update.. meeting with my Senator

SA,

You are asking a State Senator to help you with an immigration problem? Now the initial comment about this being a Congressional issue becomes a bit more clear.

To be even more clear, this is a federal issue, not a state issue, and you need either a US Senator or a US Representative (both are US congress people) to help you.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by SidAngelika
He is one of our State Senators here in Okla.. This will give me another opportunity to let him know some concerns that alot of us are having about what the Bush admin is doing with the illegals here..
I cant begin to imagine how it will be to process 8 million illegals through 4 service centers can you?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:00 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
SA,

You are asking a State Senator to help you with an immigration problem? Now the initial comment about this being a Congressional issue becomes a bit more clear.

To be even more clear, this is a federal issue, not a state issue, and you need either a US Senator or a US Representative (both are US congress people) to help you.

Regards, JEff
My State Senator, said they would get the US Senator involved if needed.. Since the Congressman is already involved.. Thanks..
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the feeling I am getting too about my Senator, and what he will be able to do for our case.. We will see when I visit him Friday.. Thanks for sharing your experience..
Sid,
Anything new from your meeting?
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:48 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by tmushen
Sid,
Anything new from your meeting?
I met my Senator yesterday, and today he is going to introduce me to my Congressman for a brief meeting..
The Senator called MSC 2 different times, and they told him that we are nearing the top? Not sure what that means? I thought we were at the top back in Oct. He said that Bush has a big influx of cases now at MSC, and is backing everything up!
Hopefully today I can learn something that can be done! I will let you know what they will do!

Last edited by SidAngelika; Feb 14th 2004 at 4:48 am.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 9:47 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I met my Senator yesterday, and today he is going to introduce me to my Congressman for a brief meeting..
The Senator called MSC 2 different times, and they told him that we are nearing the top? Not sure what that means? I thought we were at the top back in Oct. He said that Bush has a big influx of cases now at MSC, and is backing everything up!
Hopefully today I can learn something that can be done! I will let you know what they will do!
Hey Sid

Nearing the top? I don't know what they mean by that either, I hope things start moving for you guys!!
Take care and keep us updated!!
Have a nice weekend!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:03 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey Sid

Nearing the top? I don't know what they mean by that either, I hope things start moving for you guys!!
Take care and keep us updated!!
Have a nice weekend!
Well I officially met my State Senator, my Congressman, my US Senator and all 3 have told me that they will do everything they can to help us. I do believe that it does help to meet people in person. This way they will know I am real and have genuine feelings and emotions for my Angelika. The way I was feeling today, they also know I have a snotty nose too.. Think I caught the flu somewhere!

No work Monday, so Tuesday will be the next work day, and guess what? It will be 90 days again on the RFE!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:29 am
Mrtravelkay

SidAngelika wrote:
    >
    > Well I officially met my State
    > Senator, my Congressman, my US Senator and all 3 have told me that they
    > will do everything they can to help us.

Your state senator? What influence would he possibly have on a federal
agency?

Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:49 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
SidAngelika wrote:
    >
    > Well I officially met my State
    > Senator, my Congressman, my US Senator and all 3 have told me that they
    > will do everything they can to help us.

Your state senator? What influence would he possibly have on a federal
agency?
Not sure what his influence would be, but he has done more at this point than any of the 3 officals! He is doing this for a friend of mine that was on his campaign, that helped get him elected! He is just doing what he can.. he also introduced me to the US Senator, and Congressman!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what his influence would be, but he has done more at this point than any of the 3 officals! He is doing this for a friend of mine that was on his campaign, that helped get him elected! He is just doing what he can.. he also introduced me to the US Senator, and Congressman!
Getting close to the top is interesting... I am in the same boat as you - my RFE is about 10 days after yours. I got in touch with my congresswoman last week, and they sent me a privacy release form to sign. But after I sent it back, the person in their office dealing with immigration issues was on vacation all week. Aargh... they'll be back on tuesday, so hopefully I'll get some sort of update next week.

Amol
Old Feb 14th 2004, 2:40 pm
won't be long now!

Originally posted by amol_k3
Getting close to the top is interesting... I am in the same boat as you - my RFE is about 10 days after yours. I got in touch with my congresswoman last week, and they sent me a privacy release form to sign. But after I sent it back, the person in their office dealing with immigration issues was on vacation all week. Aargh... they'll be back on tuesday, so hopefully I'll get some sort of update next week.

Amol
Amol, its good to have been able to meet my leaders today. I had already sent in the release form for them to pursue our case.
My Congressman is awaiting a response from MSC now!
I look for something pretty quick now.. Like you said Mon is a holiday, so Tues will be the next day of business.. Lets hope we both get something positive next week!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 5:43 am
Andy Westmoreland

> Originally posted by amol_k3
    > they sent me a privacy release form to sign.

"SidAngelika" wrote:
    > I had already sent in the release form for them to pursue our case.

I'd seen mention of this release form in the past but forgotten all about
it.
My fiancee has been onto her BCIS liaison at her congressman's office and
she claims to have been checking up on our case.

If we haven't sent (or been asked for) a release form to her, do you suspect
that she's just giving us the run-around?

Thanks,

Andy

Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

AshB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andy Westmoreland

"SidAngelika" wrote:

it.

Thanks,

Andy
You are right. Congressman/Senator must have your signed release form, because they are inquiring BCIS about YOUR personal information and they can not do that without your release form. Go to any senator's web site & they will have it.(eg. Senator Barbara Mikulski from Maryland).
They call these issues as "immigration case work".
Contact only US congressman/US senator (not state).
Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:19 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by AshB
You are right. Congressman/Senator must have your signed release form, because they are inquiring BCIS about YOUR personal information and they can not do that without your release form. Go to any senator's web site & they will have it.(eg. Senator Barbara Mikulski from Maryland).
They call these issues as "immigration case work".
Contact only US congressman/US senator (not state).
Once you find who your Congressman is in your State, send them an email, along with your return mailing address for the release form. http://www.house.gov/
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Andy Westmoreland

"SidAngelika" wrote:

it.

Thanks,

Andy
My Senator asked for the form while my Congressman didn't. They both helped and made calls for me so I think it depends on who you are dealing with. They should ask for the form but it doesn't mean that if they didn't ask for the form that they are not inquiring about your case. They have nothing to gain by giving you the run around except to get you upset.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Once you find who your Congressman is in your State, send them an email, along with your return mailing address for the release form. http://www.house.gov/
Sid any new news?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.