Reload this Page >

update.. meeting with my Senator

Wikiposts

update.. meeting with my Senator

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:24 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default update.. meeting with my Senator

Talked to my Senator today, and they have already contacted my congressmans office since it is a congressional issue.. Will meet face to face with him on Friday.. They said that they would get the US Senator involved if nothing has happened at that time!
At last.. I can breath easier..
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

TweekysLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: update.. meeting with my Senator

Originally posted by SidAngelika
Talked to my Senator today, and they have already contacted my congressmans office since it is a congressional issue.. Will meet face to face with him on Friday.. They said that they would get the US Senator involved if nothing has happened at that time!
Congrats!!! hopefully it will be quick now for you guys!!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good news. That's what I did and I think they helped me. Good luck.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:23 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by tmushen
That's good news. That's what I did and I think they helped me. Good luck.
I even asked if the Governor could do any good? They said no, the US Senator would be the best one.. Will keep you posted to what happens..
Sid
Old Feb 10th 2004, 10:49 am
Mrtravelkay

SidAngelika wrote:

> Talked to my Senator today, and they have already contacted my
    > congressmans office since it is a congressional issue.. Will meet face
    > to face with him on Friday.. They said that they would get the US
    > Senator involved if nothing has happened at that time!
    > At last.. I can
    > breath easier..
    >

What is a "congressional issue"? Senators get involved in immigration
issues.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:07 am
won't be long now!

What is a "congressional issue"? Senators get involved in immigration
issues. [/QUOTE]
My Senators office said that it is a Congressional Issue, and NORMALLY the Congressman will pursue most cases.. They called my Congressmans office about our case.. I told my Senators office that they were involved already! My Senator in turn will do what will need to be done! As in contact my US Senator.. since we are at day 200 now! They will pursue it!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:13 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

When you say you talked with your Senator, did you speak to the man(woman) himself, or someone in the office?

I really hope they get things moving for you.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:27 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by sibsie
When you say you talked with your Senator, did you speak to the man(woman) himself, or someone in the office?

I really hope they get things moving for you.
Thanks sibsie..
I will talk face to face with him this Friday afternoon in his office here.. A friend of mine is helping me with this, since he was on his campaign when he got elected..
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:33 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sibsie..
I will talk face to face with him this Friday afternoon in his office here.. A friend of mine is helping me with this, since he was on his campaign when he got elected..
Be really interesting to hear what he has to say. Which senator is he?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:40 am
won't be long now!

Be really interesting to hear what he has to say. Which senator is he?
He is one of our State Senators here in Okla.. This will give me another opportunity to let him know some concerns that alot of us are having about what the Bush admin is doing with the illegals here..
I cant begin to imagine how it will be to process 8 million illegals through 4 service centers can you?
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:43 am
C.G.D.S

I can't begin to imagine the horrors of it Sid! Who knows, in 9 months Bush could well be just a bad memory.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:46 am
won't be long now!

I can't begin to imagine the horrors of it Sid! Who knows, in 9 months Bush could well be just a bad memory.
I will be with you on making him a bad memory!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:55 pm
Mrtravelkay

SidAngelika wrote:

> Originally posted by sibsie
    >
    >>Be really interesting to
    >
    > hear what he has to say. Which senator is he?
    > He is one of
    > our State Senators here in Okla..

You are asking a US Senator to assist and don't know his/her name?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Senators office said that it is a Congressional Issue, and NORMALLY the Congressman will pursue most cases.. They called my Congressmans office about our case.. I told my Senators office that they were involved already! My Senator in turn will do what will need to be done! As in contact my US Senator.. since we are at day 200 now! They will pursue it!

Unfortunately this is the second time I have done the immigration thing. First time, I went to my congressman first and his immigration aid was a waste of space and federal tax dollars. I then go to the Senior Senator here and once they agreed to get involved (did not get involved until the service center was at or beyond the date of my applicaiton filing), things moved fast, the immigration person was GREAT and they have been a help on three different occasions for different issues for me......Two weeks after I get the approval notice with help of my Senator's office, the Congressman's aide calls back to tell me there is good news on my case......

Anyway...for me when I need assistance, I no longer waste my time on the Congressman's office.

I know that many have posted that their congress person has been great. That just was not my experience.

Dad of 3
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:43 pm
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Unfortunately this is the second time I have done the immigration thing. First time, I went to my congressman first and his immigration aid was a waste of space and federal tax dollars. I then go to the Senior Senator here and once they agreed to get involved (did not get involved until the service center was at or beyond the date of my applicaiton filing), things moved fast, the immigration person was GREAT and they have been a help on three different occasions for different issues for me......Two weeks after I get the approval notice with help of my Senator's office, the Congressman's aide calls back to tell me there is good news on my case......

Anyway...for me when I need assistance, I no longer waste my time on the Congressman's office.

I know that many have posted that their congress person has been great. That just was not my experience.

Dad of 3
This is the feeling I am getting too about my Senator, and what he will be able to do for our case.. We will see when I visit him Friday.. Thanks for sharing your experience..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.