Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Update on Biometrics nd New Orleans Office

Wikiposts

Update on Biometrics nd New Orleans Office

Old Aug 24th 2006, 12:30 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update on Biometrics nd New Orleans Office

I admit to being ignorant on much of the of the immigration issues and have learnt a tremendous amount from this board..however, I thought I knew what I was expecting today. So thought I would post to caution anyone else.

I went to the NO office today for biometrics for my I-90 after my greencard never arrived. I expected that when I did the fingerprinting they would stamp my passport,

After a nearly 2 hour wait and having the fingerprints done I enquired re the stamp. I was told 'Oh you can go the the enquiry window and ask" At said window, I was informed I needed to make an infopass appointment, already having travelled almost 200 miles and actually standing in the (empty) office I was a little upset that they wanted me to return. I was ready to leave the building but my husband went back to the security people and asked if this was right, they encouraged us to go back to the window and explain that we had travelled a long distance. My husband went and spoke to a different person who explained that they did not have jurisdiction for Florida but only Louisiana and Mississipi and I would have to go to Jacksonville for stamp. The guy did after discussion stamp my passport for six months.

I understand that the appointment was only for biometrics but when you travel a long distance you feel that you are in a position when you can ask questions regarding your case etc.
After having wrongly been told to file the I 90 in Jacksonville earlier in the year and having a wasted trip, I have little faith in a system that would have me travel 200 miles in one direction for the biometrics and 400 in opposite direction to have my passport stamped.
Sorry for vent but it may be useful information for others and shows that persistance can sometimes pay off.