Update on AOS/EAD

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on AOS/EAD

Hi Everyone

I've not posted for a while but thought I would post my updated timeline so other's waiting for AOS through Atlanta can compare with their timeline if they want to. I've just had my biometrics on the 24th January so we're back to waiting again!
I saw that Steffi got a RFE for not sending the US citizen's birth certificate though and we never sent Steve's so I'm expecting that same delay to come our way soon

Nicola

Timeline TSC

NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th 2003
Interview date September 2nd 2003
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Driving Test December 11th 2003
AOS & EAD NOA received dated December 17th 2003
Appointment for Biometrics January 24th 2004
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:19 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update on AOS/EAD

Originally posted by Nicola76
I've not posted for a while but thought I would post my updated timeline so other's waiting for AOS through Atlanta can compare with their timeline if they want to. I've just had my biometrics on the 24th January so we're back to waiting again!
I saw that Steffi got a RFE for not sending the US citizen's birth certificate though and we never sent Steve's so I'm expecting that same delay to come our way soon
Yes, I received an RFE for not having supplied any material to proof Patrick's US citizen status. I managed to include his mom's (our co-sponsor), but not his. I'm crossing my fingers that you won't receive an RFE as well. Keep us updated , ok?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:23 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, this is a bit OT, but I just realized something...maybe my begging letter to the London embassy worked? Because I "begged" them to give me an interview date before my house lease would expire on August 31st (and I would be homeless), and I did. Compare my timeline to yours:

Originally posted by Nicola76
August 6, 2003: Packet 4, visa interview letter arrives
August 29, 2003: Visa interview & medical, visa approved

You received your interview letter before me, but it was set after mine. So like I said, my begging letter must have worked??
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi,

Just wanted to update you on my EAD application as we are in similar time frames. I sent back the RFE and the online status has changed to them saying they received the additional info on the 26th of january and processing has once again begun.

I did see that the local Phoenix EAD time frame has just changed to processing applications from November 1st onwards. So seeing that the online status claims initial processing was complete awaiting the RFE evidence, maybe I will see it soon?. Here's hoping.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:52 am
K1 via London

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Steffi,

Just wanted to update you on my EAD application as we are in similar time frames. I sent back the RFE and the online status has changed to them saying they received the additional info on the 26th of january and processing has once again begun.

I did see that the local Phoenix EAD time frame has just changed to processing applications from November 1st onwards. So seeing that the online status claims initial processing was complete awaiting the RFE evidence, maybe I will see it soon?. Here's hoping.
Mine says they received it January 5th...so about 3 weeks ahead of you. BUT for the Atlanta office it says they're processing from September 29th (as of January 16th), so that means they're behind in that sense. Who knows! I guess just wait and see, huh?? Just let me know if anything else happens please.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steffi
Sorry, this is a bit OT, but I just realized something...maybe my begging letter to the London embassy worked? Because I "begged" them to give me an interview date before my house lease would expire on August 31st (and I would be homeless), and I did. Compare my timeline to yours:

August 6, 2003: Packet 4, visa interview letter arrives
August 29, 2003: Visa interview & medical, visa approved

You received your interview letter before me, but it was set after mine. So like I said, my begging letter must have worked??
Hi Steffi

Yeah I do believe the begging letter will have helped because London seem to try and be as accomdating as possible. At the time I thought it was first come first served so for interview date I wrote as soon as possible or something like that. If I'd written an actual date maybe I would have gotten it sooner?

I will keep you updated on the AOS/EAD stuff yes!

Nicola

Timeline TSC

NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Driving Test December 11th 2003
AOS & EAD NOA received dated December 17th 2003
Appointment for Biometrics January 24th 2004
Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:29 am
K1 via London

Just to let you guys know, I just checked my online status for the EAD and it says I was approved two days ago, on February 4th!
Now I just have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. Ack, does that mean I actually have to go out looking for a job now??? *L*