Reload this Page >

Update Affidavit for interview?

Wikiposts

Update Affidavit for interview?

Old May 8th 2004, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update Affidavit for interview?

Interview letter says to bring completed Affidavit of Support, this has to be updated from original - correct? I'll call the IRS & get new Tax prinouts and get an updated letter from the bank also re: accounts.

Duh! Forget it, I just read elsewhere that if it's a year old it does need to be updated.

Last edited by mrsm; May 8th 2004 at 3:18 am.
Old May 8th 2004, 3:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update Affidavit for interview?

Originally posted by mrsm
Interview letter says to bring completed Affidavit of Support, this has to be updated from original - correct? I'll call the IRS & get new Tax prinouts and get an updated letter from the bank also re: accounts.

Duh! Forget it, I just read elsewhere that if it's a year old it does need to be updated.

We had our NYC interview nearly two years after filing for AOS and submitting the I-864. We were not required to submit a new affidavit of support but rather chose to do so on our own. We did so because Jim was working steadily and wanted his income from his employment to be counted towards his financial sponsorship as well as his Canadian military pension.

You've already ordered your missing tax transcripts so that is good ;-)

BTW remember the forms they sent you are one size fits all and not all supporting document asked for will apply to you.

On a side note, although we were on the cusp of the new medical/supplemental directive, we were not required to bring in a new medical or vaccination supplement to NYC at the time of the interview. I know that is not an issue for you as you are adjusting from marriage while on the VWP and submitted your medical a year ago so it should still be valid.

Good luck at your interview in June.

Rete
Old May 8th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
We had our NYC interview nearly two years after filing for AOS and submitting the I-864. We were not required to submit a new affidavit of support but rather chose to do so on our own. We did so because Jim was working steadily and wanted his income from his employment to be counted towards his financial sponsorship as well as his Canadian military pension.

You've already ordered your missing tax transcripts so that is good ;-)

BTW remember the forms they sent you are one size fits all and not all supporting document asked for will apply to you.

On a side note, although we were on the cusp of the new medical/supplemental directive, we were not required to bring in a new medical or vaccination supplement to NYC at the time of the interview. I know that is not an issue for you as you are adjusting from marriage while on the VWP and submitted your medical a year ago so it should still be valid.

Good luck at your interview in June.

Rete

Thanks for the good wishes. I didn't call IRS yet, I'll do that next week. It only took them three days to send the last printouts. I am going to update the Affidavit so that it will include my income also. Received a letter today from work saying I've been accepted to work summer school, so I won't be laid off in June as expected, It'll be August instead. Fingers crossed I'll be re-hired again full-time in September.
Old May 8th 2004, 4:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsm
Thanks for the good wishes. I didn't call IRS yet, I'll do that next week. It only took them three days to send the last printouts. I am going to update the Affidavit so that it will include my income also. Received a letter today from work saying I've been accepted to work summer school, so I won't be laid off in June as expected, It'll be August instead. Fingers crossed I'll be re-hired again full-time in September.

Will cross them for you as well. Jim just was advised that he will be working the summer for his school district as well. Helps bring his meager $18.000 a year job up to $21,000, although he has to take 3 weeks off without pay. Remember, though he is not a teacher, but a computer tech and their status is 1/2 step above that of a teacher's aide.

Rete
Old May 8th 2004, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
Will cross them for you as well. Jim just was advised that he will be working the summer for his school district as well. Helps bring his meager $18.000 a year job up to $21,000, although he has to take 3 weeks off without pay. Remember, though he is not a teacher, but a computer tech and their status is 1/2 step above that of a teacher's aide.

Rete
That's why I applied to work summer school because being a lowly teacher aide I wouldn't otherwise be paid for those two months and every penny counts.