Update!

Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:42 am
email

Default Update!

Hi all,

Here is an update on our AOS

July 3rd paperwork submitted to INS Seattle office July 5th Seattle office received
paperwork July 27th Checks Cleared August 8th Letter with pickup date for Work
Autorization arrived August 14th Letter stating AP is ready for pickup arrived August
15th Letter asking for 3 more pictures for AP arrived August 23rd Picked up EAD and
AP, in out the Seattle INS office in 1 hour August 26th Local IRS office took
application for SSN, SSN card should be here in ten days! They told me to stop by
tomorrow if I needed the number!

I e-mailed the INS in Seattle a couple of times and they always responded promptly
and helped me out.

Make sure your paperwork is in perfect order and everything can go very smooth! I
didn't have a single problem so far (yes they did misspell my name on my EAD but
corrected it while I was there waiting for the AP), no difficult questions asked and
everyone at the INS office and the IRS office have been very friendly and helpful.

Em

Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:25 am
Luanne

Default Re: Update!

Thanks for the update!

I'll be adjusting in October some time and have a few questions...

Are you adjusting from a K-1 Visa?

Which Seattle office did you use?

Did you have to submit a Vaccination Supplement? What about the Fingerprinting fee?

Thanks a lot,

Luanne

[email protected] wrote:

>Hi all,
    >Here is an update on our AOS
    >July 3rd paperwork submitted to INS Seattle office July 5th Seattle office received
    >paperwork July 27th Checks Cleared August 8th Letter with pickup date for Work
    >Autorization arrived August 14th Letter stating AP is ready for pickup arrived
    >August 15th Letter asking for 3 more pictures for AP arrived August 23rd Picked up
    >EAD and AP, in out the Seattle INS office in 1 hour August 26th Local IRS office
    >took application for SSN, SSN card should be here in ten days! They told me to stop
    >by tomorrow if I needed the number!
    >I e-mailed the INS in Seattle a couple of times and they always responded promptly
    >and helped me out.
    >Make sure your paperwork is in perfect order and everything can go very smooth! I
    >didn't have a single problem so far (yes they did misspell my name on my EAD but
    >corrected it while I was there waiting for the AP), no difficult questions asked and
    >everyone at the INS office and the IRS office have been very friendly and helpful.
    >Em

Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:49 am
Shannon

Originally posted by Luanne:
Thanks for the update!

I'll be adjusting in October some time and have a few questions...

Are you adjusting from a K-1 Visa?

Which Seattle office did you use?

Did you have to submit a Vaccination Supplement? What about the Fingerprinting fee?

Thanks a lot,

Luanne
Hi, we had a similar experience in Seattle - the Airport Way South District office. The only delays were due to paperwork being sent to Nebraska by mistake. Everyone has been very civil and nice to us along the way.

We had our AOS interview on 22nd August and got the stamp the same day.

I was adjusting from a B1/2 visa, not K1. But we needed the vaccination supplement and paid a fingerprinting fee with our initial application

Shannon

Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:32 am
Cm

Luanne:

No not from K-1, Adjusting from J-1 Visa at Seattle Airport Way Office.

Yes you do need the vaccination Supplement but I think you don't need to submit the
fingerprinting fee as you already have had that done the country of origin.

When you get to the Seattle office for an appointment, skip the long line, the short
line on the "other" side of the door is for people with an appointment.

Cee

"Luanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the update!
    > I'll be adjusting in October some time and have a few questions...
    > Are you adjusting from a K-1 Visa?
    > Which Seattle office did you use?
    > Did you have to submit a Vaccination Supplement? What about the
    > Fingerprinting fee?
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Luanne
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >Here is an update on our AOS
    > >
    > >July 3rd paperwork submitted to INS Seattle office July 5th Seattle office
    > >received paperwork July 27th Checks Cleared August 8th Letter with pickup date for
    > >Work Autorization arrived August 14th Letter stating AP is ready for pickup
    > >arrived August 15th Letter asking for 3 more pictures for AP arrived August 23rd
    > >Picked up EAD and AP, in out the Seattle INS office in 1 hour August 26th Local
    > >IRS office took application for SSN, SSN card should be here in ten days! They
    > >told me to stop by tomorrow if I needed the
number!
    > >
    > >I e-mailed the INS in Seattle a couple of times and they always responded promptly
    > >and helped me out.
    > >
    > >Make sure your paperwork is in perfect order and everything can go very smooth! I
    > >didn't have a single problem so far (yes they did misspell my
name
    > >on my EAD but corrected it while I was there waiting for the AP), no difficult
    > >questions asked and everyone at the INS office and the IRS
office
    > >have been very friendly and helpful.
    > >
    > >Em
    > >
    > >