Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

UKC marrying USC - any advice appreciated!

Wikiposts

UKC marrying USC - any advice appreciated!

Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:33 am
Just Joined

KS1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UKC marrying USC - any advice appreciated!

Clarissa, pm received and thank you so much for all the advice. You are indeed a fountain of knowledge on that side of things and I will keep you updated with a progress report on how everything is going. Is everything now sorted out on your end or did it go deeper than you expected?

Tracy I have no skeletons, all clean, nothing scary - except perhaps my fashion sense 10 years ago - I've never even been arrested so I'll definitely take a look at the lawyers you've pointed out and see which one will be best for us. I have actually heard of Kevin Dixler before, so if he is good then that is reassuring!

The reason I'm so skeptical about immigration attorneys is that I have heard a few horror stories regarding how they were taken for a ride etc., this isn't normally the case I know, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

I also find Folinsky's advice on this site invaluable and I'm glad that he takes the time out to point people in the correct direction!

Kellie

Last edited by KS1980; Sep 19th 2008 at 1:18 am. Reason: Blondeness
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KS1980
Clarissa, pm received and thank you so much for all the advice. You are indeed a fountain of knowledge on that side of things and I will keep you updated with a progress report on how everything is going. Is everything now sorted out on your end or did it go deeper than you expected?

Tracy I have no skeletons, all clean, nothing scary - except perhaps my fashion sense 10 years ago - I've never even been arrested so I'll definitely take a look at the lawyers you've pointed out and see which one will be best for us. I have actually heard of Kevin Dixler before, so if he is good then that is reassuring!

The reason I'm so skeptical about immigration attorneys is that I have heard a few horror stories regarding how they were taken for a ride etc., this isn't normally the case I know, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

I also find Folinsky's advice on this site invaluable and I'm glad that she takes the time out to point people in the correct direction!

Kellie
You're welcome.

Mr. Dixler did our AOS. He didn't really have to do too much - we were approved without interview. However, his paralegal was superb, easiest job ever getting the forms done (and done perfectly).

Also, when my husband had an emergency and might have needed AP, he got in done (somehow!) in 2 days. So we very much appreciate that.

He is the type to worry (and tell you about) every catastrophe that could possibly occur - but as none did, I'd prefer an attorney who worries about everything that could go wrong (and looks out for it) than someone who is complacent.

So thus far we have been happy with him.

Personally, I would not hesitate to retain any of the three attorneys from the forum either - in our case, we wanted someone local in case they needed to attend an AOS interview with us (we have a large age difference and were afraid we would get a hard time).
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I also find Folinsky's advice on this site invaluable and I'm glad that she takes the time out to point people in the correct direction!
Did Stuart have a sex change and not tell us?

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:17 am
Just Joined

KS1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops, slip of the fingers
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:22 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Not really a fountain of knowledge but I've been there recently and I was so determined to win I did shedloads of research and it kinda took over my life for a while!