Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Old May 28th 2019, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Ian1currie72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Great advice ,my wife and I with my stepson are thinking of moving to the US but didn't want to go through the separation process, so if its possible to stay together and move over together that's fab.
also great to hear that we can get someone who lives in the states to sponser us well me as I am British. 1st though my wife will get her citizenship, for the UK ,although I am sure it asks that you are not going to be moving out of the country for a period of time if you are to get citizenship?
Old May 28th 2019, 8:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian1currie72
Great advice ,my wife and I with my stepson are thinking of moving to the US but didn't want to go through the separation process, so if its possible to stay together and move over together that's fab.
also great to hear that we can get someone who lives in the states to sponser us well me as I am British. 1st though my wife will get her citizenship, for the UK ,although I am sure it asks that you are not going to be moving out of the country for a period of time if you are to get citizenship?
It asks you which country you intend to live in after naturalisation. Spouses of British citizens do not have to intend to live in the UK.
Old May 28th 2019, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Ian1currie72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It asks you which country you intend to live in after naturalisation. Spouses of British citizens do not have to intend to live in the UK.
So my wife, the American, here in the UK, whom is getting her UK citizenship will not have to live here or say she is going to live here after she get her british citizenship?
Just to clarify.
And thank you for your comment.
Old May 28th 2019, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian1currie72
So my wife, the American, here in the UK, whom is getting her UK citizenship will not have to live here or say she is going to live here after she get her british citizenship?
Just to clarify.
And thank you for your comment.
Correct. She can answer ‘United States’ to that question and it won’t cause a problem.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Texit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which visas has she held until this point?
She’s currently on a Tier 2 visa, prior to that she was a student here.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Texit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the helpful replies from people so far. We’ve now submitted our I-130 and so begins the long wait to complete stage 1.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Texit
She’s currently on a Tier 2 visa, prior to that she was a student here.
Tier 2 General? For how long?