Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Old May 28th 2019, 7:26 pm
  #16  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2
Ian1currie72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Great advice ,my wife and I with my stepson are thinking of moving to the US but didn't want to go through the separation process, so if its possible to stay together and move over together that's fab.
also great to hear that we can get someone who lives in the states to sponser us well me as I am British. 1st though my wife will get her citizenship, for the UK ,although I am sure it asks that you are not going to be moving out of the country for a period of time if you are to get citizenship?
Ian1currie72 is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 8:45 pm
  #17  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,327
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Originally Posted by Ian1currie72 View Post
Great advice ,my wife and I with my stepson are thinking of moving to the US but didn't want to go through the separation process, so if its possible to stay together and move over together that's fab.
also great to hear that we can get someone who lives in the states to sponser us well me as I am British. 1st though my wife will get her citizenship, for the UK ,although I am sure it asks that you are not going to be moving out of the country for a period of time if you are to get citizenship?
It asks you which country you intend to live in after naturalisation. Spouses of British citizens do not have to intend to live in the UK.
BritInParis is online now  
Old May 28th 2019, 9:28 pm
  #18  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 2
Ian1currie72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
It asks you which country you intend to live in after naturalisation. Spouses of British citizens do not have to intend to live in the UK.
So my wife, the American, here in the UK, whom is getting her UK citizenship will not have to live here or say she is going to live here after she get her british citizenship?
Just to clarify.
And thank you for your comment.
Ian1currie72 is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 10:19 pm
  #19  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,327
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Originally Posted by Ian1currie72 View Post
So my wife, the American, here in the UK, whom is getting her UK citizenship will not have to live here or say she is going to live here after she get her british citizenship?
Just to clarify.
And thank you for your comment.
Correct. She can answer ‘United States’ to that question and it won’t cause a problem.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:33 pm
  #20  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Texit's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 7
Texit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Which visas has she held until this point?
She’s currently on a Tier 2 visa, prior to that she was a student here.
Texit is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2019, 4:36 pm
  #21  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Texit's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Location: London
Posts: 7
Texit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Thanks for the helpful replies from people so far. We’ve now submitted our I-130 and so begins the long wait to complete stage 1.
Texit is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:34 pm
  #22  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,327
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK & US citizens living in UK looking to move to US

Originally Posted by Texit View Post
She’s currently on a Tier 2 visa, prior to that she was a student here.
Tier 2 General? For how long?
BritInParis is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.