Reload this Page >

UK marriage visitor visa

UK marriage visitor visa

Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

NotworkSte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK marriage visitor visa

Experience yesterday, Newark.

Came through as normal, got to immigration officer. He got really suspicious when I said I was visiting my wife for 5 days. Asked if I had my itinery. Well, it's an e-ticket so no, I never carry it, I fly all over the world for the last 5 years on t-tickets, just never thought.

"Well, then I can' really determine if you are going to leave sir. I'm going to have to take you down the back here so we can finish this interview"

So, we took the elevtor downstairs to the area behind the glassed off wall behind the baggage reclaim. He was pretty friendly, said if I had my itinery printed off, he would have let me go. So I had to sit for 5 mins while he passed my passport to another person and made his goodbyes. The other person at the desk, about 5m in front of me, was talking some sport related stuff for a few mins, 5 at most, called me forward. Asked me who I was visiting, how long I was to be there for, what I worked as (same as the first guy) then stamped my passport, let me in and wished me a nice day and said he hoped the process for permanent residence didn't take too long. Not so friendly as the first guy, a little disinterested. Did not have to provide my itinery or any supporting documentation.

All in all, the whole process added about 20 mins to me swapping gates for the next flight over what it normally would take, so lucky I wasn't on the 90 minute connection to Tampa as the Edinburgh flight was already late in.

At no time were they ever rude at all, or short/abrupt.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

NwS,

Thanks for the periodic reports of your experiences. Your posts show that there is a wide range of situations that one can run into at a POE.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by NotworkSte
Experience yesterday, Newark.

Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Well, some good news, got the NOA1 today from the California Service Centre, almost 2 weeks after posting.

The website is showing 5 months or so. I'm off to Egypt for our building out there from July to September so hopefully make some of the wait go a bit faster, especially as I managed to wangle her doing the infrastructure part for me, so we'll be there for 2 week, almost like a company sponsored working honeymoon
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

almost like a company sponsored working honeymoon
oooh, you romantic devil, you!
Have a great adventure and pocket tons of money to go spend on something fun.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

noa2, 2 months, 1 week 4 days yippee!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
As a quick update to this thread, I am happy to say I got approved on the 8th Jan. My poe is 20th January in Charlotte NC.

It was an exceptionally long day and kudos to my wife and step daughter for their ultra patience. When I was eventually called after about 6 hours wait the interview took no more than 3 minutes. No evidence was asked for and no questions either. He took one look at us and knew we were happy

-Stephen
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:40 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
As a quick update to this thread, I am happy to say I got approved on the 8th Jan. My poe is 20th January in Charlotte NC.

It was an exceptionally long day and kudos to my wife and step daughter for their ultra patience. When I was eventually called after about 6 hours wait the interview took no more than 3 minutes. No evidence was asked for and no questions either. He took one look at us and knew we were happy

-Stephen
Welcome to America!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:44 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Congratulations.

It does seem like after all the waiting the interview would actually amount to something. Instead it is just a few minutes and it is finally all over.

You're picking a great time to make it Stateside. The great freeze is even down here in Florida where DH and I live.

Welcome to America!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

okdokey, I've had a little doze and some dinner, so here's a little recap on my day.
The 3 of us caught the bus down to London on Thursday night. It was a cold one up here in Scotland but the bus was running, left only half an hour late and got into London at 0815. Ended up getting to the embassy at 0915, 45 mins late.

Bad attitude at the initial securty check.
Bad attitude at the reception where you get the number.
4 hour wait before getting first call to window.
Bad attitude at first window. They had "lost" my medical results and found it after some searching at the back.
Each of the 3 people I dealt with were, I believe, British!

During my 2 hour wait for interview with ConOff we had a security alert where we moved into the passage alongside the bathrooms for 10 mins before allowing to return back to the seat.

Called to interivew. Got up there and introduced Cindy and Josie to the nicest government employee I have ever met. He smiled and said
"where did you guys meet"
"Egypt"
"Oh wow nice! Please raise your right hand"
Did affirmation
Signed DS-230 part 2
"ok you guys will be pleased to know I'm going to go right ahead and approved this, welcome to America!"

Seriously that was it! During the whole day there was only maybe 3 windows doing I visas at any one time. and for the second rounds I believe that most seemed to get a lengthy interview - seemed that way anyway - so I was pleasantly surprised how short mine was.
I believe since I turned up with both C and J and how nervous but together we looked, sort of arms round each other and "close" he made a quick determination within the first couple of seconds. He never asked to see any of the documentation I brought with me. I would have hugged him if there hadn't been a partition between us. He ever shared a wee joke with Josie!

Hard to believe now I found this site and the 2 of us decided given the information here CR-1 was the way to go, and now we have it. Until I started researching on here I hadn't got a clue, so thank you to everyone to has ever offered help here, and please keep up the good work.