Reload this Page >

UK marriage visitor visa

UK marriage visitor visa

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

NotworkSte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK marriage visitor visa

Originally Posted by meauxna
heh.. my uncle the Mountie (ret) always took delight in accidentally exposing his badge when pulled over for speeding on one of his Harley trips down to see us. Yes, it worked most of the time for him!
When I used to visit for holidays many years ago I used to always bring my warrant card and FoP membership card. You never know when it might come in useful, and as soon as an LE officer over the realised I was British it was always "man, you guys don't carry GUNS! what's up with that"
Even funnier is their reaction when I told them I was happy with that and wouldn't want it to change.

Link from USCIS website:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf
Looked through this, specifically I was looking at Page 2 "What documents do you need to prove family relationship".
E, F, G are out, I am not in the US, so we don't have a common residence or joint property ownership. Since we don't own any property, and I am paid here, she is paid in the US, we don't have any shared financial resources.
That really means I is relevant. That being the case, how many statements would people normally submit? Is it ok for the person to submit a statement and affirm themselves that it is correct or does another 3rd party have to affirm it for them? It does day "one or more of the following types" so perhaps just one?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

NwS,

None.

This requirement is relatively new to the I-130, it was something that had to be done as part of the visa application.

Most people are in the same situation that you are. Some do manage to establish some joint finances - a bank account set up for that purpose, and filing joint US tax returns for example. Most common is probably to document visits to each other and on-going communications by post, telephone, e-mail, etc.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by NotworkSte
Looked through this, specifically I was looking at Page 2 "What documents do you need to prove family relationship".
E, F, G are out, I am not in the US, so we don't have a common residence or joint property ownership. Since we don't own any property, and I am paid here, she is paid in the US, we don't have any shared financial resources.
That really means I is relevant. That being the case, how many statements would people normally submit? Is it ok for the person to submit a statement and affirm themselves that it is correct or does another 3rd party have to affirm it for them? It does day "one or more of the following types" so perhaps just one?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NotworkSte

You can get some of those things, but most newlyweds use the affidavits you mentioned.

The person can use the magic language instead of a notary.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:42 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

We only supplied one affidavit with the application, then I took more evidence to the interview, but the ConOff wasn't interested in seeing any of the relationship evidence, even though I caused a security scare with one of DH's cards that he sent me. (It lit up and was therefore classified as electronic, it had to be trashed before they would let me in for the interview.)

Don't worry too much about evidence, as newlyweds living in different continents they know there's a limit on available evidence.

Just send what you have.

FWIW our affidavit was by DH's pastor, who met me at the same time DH did, and had known DH for over 10 years.

Hope this helps calm the nerves.

Lyn
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies.
She is now on her way, flight left Tampa at midday. Will be /afk for a few days, back on Tue a married man with some pics.

Take care all
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo! Have a gorgeous weekend (it's our anniv.. great w/e to marry!)
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:57 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Have a wonderful wedding, and enjoy the time with your new bride.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Lyn
Old May 11th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Hello all.
Had a great week, sadly had to say goodbye to her and daughter this morning.
Some photo's from last Monday where Ms Sexton became Mrs NWS :

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...l/ste-cin1.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...l/ste-cin2.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...l/ste-cin3.jpg
Old May 11th 2009, 12:15 pm
The Wee Wifey

Congratulations
Old May 11th 2009, 4:03 pm

Congratulations!!! You both look so very happy.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing!
Old May 11th 2009, 5:22 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely photos! Congrats!
Old May 12th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ah now the long hard wait has begun.....
First night apart since mariage was difficult. On the plus side though, I think I mentioned earlier I would be getting shipped off to Cairo with work for a couple of months, well the good news is she will be coming out to do her part at our new operation for 2 weeks while I am there so it is almost as if the company is paying for our honeymoon

Going over to see her next week before I go to Cairo, and forgot my passport has less than 6 months to go, so it's off to Glasgow on Saturday where I will be £114 lighter after paynig the same day service. Will be first time entering US after marriage, so expecting a bit of a harder time at PoE.
Old May 12th 2009, 5:21 pm

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. You're going to Cairo, for work, for months.
Only answer the questions asked.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Been a while since I posted.... PoE was fine. Soon as I mentioned i was visiting my wife the officer sparked up and I got asked a bunch of questions about when we got married, where I live, where she lives, was she a citizen etc. The officer, I have to say, was very friendly, and seemed that although he had to ask some questions, he was genuinely interested in how we're managing to find time to see each other and how we're finding the immigration process. Didn't need to show any supporting information at all that I intended to return to the UK. One of my better experiences at coming though Newark. I always moan when I get a bad experience, only fair to mention I had a good one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.