Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

U.S. State Department Packet # 3 and Packet # 4

U.S. State Department Packet # 3 and Packet # 4

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 12:51 pm
Donald Geist

Default U.S. State Department Packet # 3 and Packet # 4

HELP, here is an up date, I mailed my completed petition I-129F to Vermont on
8-26-02 and they received it in mail room on 8-28-02, I got the notice from the post
office on 9-3-02 that it was checked in the mail room. Now the wait, I am praying
that it will take only a couple of weeks for me to receive the ok. Here is my HELP
question, since the INS or the US Embassy in the Philippines are no longer going to
send out the
# 3 and 4 packet, can anyone tell me what are in the packets, so I can
track them down, print them out and send them to my fiancee and then I can fill out
my additional paper work. Well it is a start now, I am praying she will be with me in
America by November 27, 2002. Don from PA.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 3:47 pm
A-Lee

Default Re: U.S. State Department Packet # 3 and Packet # 4

Oh my! I thought they sent a package 3 and 4 out! Why did they stop and when? I am
behind times then.

This web site is not up-to-date, at least I don't think so, but you can look at
it anyway.

http://www.mag-anak-photos.com/fo-
rms/

Plus, maybe call the embassy in Manila and ask them. My hubby is in the Philippines
but I just put in for the I-129F for a K3 visa........

I hope this helps some. I know someone else may have more info on this than I do.

Ambria

"Donald Geist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
wson.webtv.net
    > HELP, here is an up date, I mailed my completed petition I-129F to Vermont on
    > 8-26-02 and they received it in mail room on 8-28-02, I got the notice from the
    > post office on 9-3-02 that it was checked in the mail room. Now the wait, I am
    > praying that it will take only a couple of weeks for me to receive the ok. Here is
    > my HELP question, since the INS or the US Embassy in the Philippines are no longer
    > going to send out the
    > # 3 and 4 packet, can anyone tell me what are in the packets, so I can
    > track them down, print them out and send them to my fiancee and then I can fill out
    > my additional paper work. Well it is a start now, I am praying she will be with me
    > in America by November 27, 2002. Don from PA.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 3:49 pm
A-Lee

Also from what I read, the US Embassy wants an agent that they send the papers
too...let me see if I can find that web site........

Yes, read this -

http://usembassy.state.gov/ma-
nila/wwwh3212.html

Ambria

"Donald Geist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
wson.webtv.net
    > HELP, here is an up date, I mailed my completed petition I-129F to Vermont on
    > 8-26-02 and they received it in mail room on 8-28-02, I got the notice from the
    > post office on 9-3-02 that it was checked in the mail room. Now the wait, I am
    > praying that it will take only a couple of weeks for me to receive the ok. Here is
    > my HELP question, since the INS or the US Embassy in the Philippines are no longer
    > going to send out the
    > # 3 and 4 packet, can anyone tell me what are in the packets, so I can
    > track them down, print them out and send them to my fiancee and then I can fill out
    > my additional paper work. Well it is a start now, I am praying she will be with me
    > in America by November 27, 2002. Don from PA.

Old Sep 4th 2002, 3:10 pm
Ien

For what I know Packets are still sent out by the Embassy. The changes that have been
made in the process are the following:
1. Papers are no longer submitted in St Lukes but in the Embassy on Fridays
2. Interview is scheduled (was put back in the process)

But if you have read somewhere wherein they dont send Packets anymore, can you please
let me know?

And regarding the papers --- agents, I think this applies to other petitions not with
K-1. And in the form sent for this, in it, you have the option to assign an
agent(family, lawyer, etc) or NOT. It is also used for confirming the address where
to send documents, etc.

Don, We submitted I-129F within the same week you submitted yours, and we are on the
same Service Center -- Vermont. I hope we receive our 1st NOA soon.