Wikiposts

TV Show Wants to Marry Us

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TV Show Wants to Marry Us

Originally posted by Rete
Pat

I don't know if you are reading their timeline correctly but they have not waited four months for an interview. They were not eligible for an interview until the US Consulate received their approved I-129F which was October 14, 2003 and until they received the checklist back from the foreign fiancee. By my calculations they have waited less than three months for an interview. Even if one were using the US Consulate in London, that is damn good time.

You can't have everything RFN. It is not how life works. For the happy couple they will have the wedding one way or another and isn't that what going through the immigration process was about?

Rete
9/10/03-mailed through post office certified and return receipt
9/12/03-Vermont receives my packet application
9/18/03-NOA Notice date
9/24/03-Received NOA 1 in the mail
10/02/03-APPROVED!!
10/08/03-NVC receives our case
10/14/03-NVC sent case to consulate
10/29/03-Packet 3
2/2/04-Interview Date

This is the timeline... you are right they had a great timeline.. they even wait that long as some others..... they are very lucky.... I think his frustation is because they had all the first steps very quickly and now the must wait 3 months and 2 days. You can see another timeline with 15 days for interview. Dont you think?? he is complaining with the consulate in Santo Domingo....

2pat
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doblepat
I saw a man in venezuela consulate who made all this process in less than 1 month.. how did he make it??? He works in Venezuela consulate. He had the opportunity to make it easier and faster... Must I be ungry because he jumped on me??? Why?? If was him I will do it....

I'm waiting as all of you are waiting... I can do anything to hurry my process. If I would have the chance, I repeat : I will do it...

2pat
doblepat--Thank you for understanding. Hugs your way. Que Dios te Bendiga por tu lindo corazon al desear bien al projimo

now it is ashame that some of you wish bad on others. See I don't care who you are but if my process took longer I wouldn't not be sour because others got their way faster. I would be happy for you or them.

Whether we went to the show or not his interview is still soon. If you knew the consulate I'm dealing with here perhaps some would understand better how I'm feeling, but not just because they denied giving us a few days, there are other things. Let's just say, I'm not the only person who has "fun" with this consulate.

Doblepat-is your love online? I can send you the email of who you should write if you are interested, perhaps there is not such a buracracy in Venezuela as there is in DR.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doblepat
9/10/03-mailed through post office certified and return receipt
9/12/03-Vermont receives my packet application
9/18/03-NOA Notice date
9/24/03-Received NOA 1 in the mail
10/02/03-APPROVED!!
10/08/03-NVC receives our case
10/14/03-NVC sent case to consulate
10/29/03-Packet 3
2/2/04-Interview Date

This is the timeline... you are right they had a great timeline.. they even wait that long as some others..... they are very lucky.... I think his frustation is because they had all the first steps very quickly and now the must wait 3 months and 2 days. You can see another timeline with 15 days for interview. Dont you think?? he is complaining with the consulate in Santo Domingo....

2pat
You are right. I'm very happy with my timeline. I'm lucky actually, but that's not my complaint. There are other things about that consulate. They are so different than consulates in other countries. Geez even the producer told me! "unbelievable" she said.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by d_medina
You are right. I'm very happy with my timeline. I'm lucky actually, but that's not my complaint. There are other things about that consulate. They are so different than consulates in other countries. Geez even the producer told me! "unbelievable" she said.
How many other consulates have you dealt with in order that you can compare them? How many consulates has the producer in Miami dealt with that he/she would know what was unusual?

If I told the average producer that I've been married to a USC for 3.5 years and I still don't have my conditions removed on PR status, I'm sure they would say "unbelievable". If you told the producer that it takes almost 2 years to adjust status in NYC, they would probably say "unbelievable". Now if Folinsky said "unbelievable", I would be more sympathetic.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but each one of us thinks we are unique because of the lengthy delays. Many on here can attest that this is a systemic problem within and outside of the U.S.. We've all had to endure excessive delays.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:57 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Geez even the producer told me! "unbelievable" she said.
I wouldn't believe anything a reality show producer says. And I say that being an associate producer and writer in television myself for the last five years.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sibsie
I wouldn't believe anything a reality show producer says. And I say that being an associate producer and writer in television myself for the last five years.
We have a solution!!! Sibs will film d_medina's wedding. Ahh, a happy ending after all. I feel all tingley inside.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:06 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
We have a solution!!! Sibs will film d_medina's wedding. Ahh, a happy ending after all. I feel all tingley inside.
Er, not so much Spiffy!

But another cautionary tale. A friend of mine was filmed for an English show called A New Life Down Under about Brits moving to Oz. As a result of that show she's now being investigated by Oz immigration and her visa is under threat.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what you are bitching about with the DR US Consulate. You have an interview date LESS than five months after applying in VSC for a I-129F Fiancee Visa. Do you know how god damn lucky you are? So you won't be televised, your wedding paid for, and your pockets lined with publication monies. That is not why you were getting married. Although you were the one to contact the television show to get them interested in you. If the television producers wanted you so badly they could tape your wedding when it occurs and televise it at a later date. Guess they are not interested enough to do that.

And for the record, your post did not say you were to get married in Miami nor is the US Consulate wrong in not changing your scheduled appointment. You are not the only person using the services of that particular US Consulate and I'm sure that the ones who have appointments that you want to be pushed aside for your personal gain want to be with their loved ones as much as you do and may have waited a lot longer than you are.

I will not apologize for my rant at your childish tantrum.

Rete
Wow, Nice mouth! Moderator? Too Bad, not very professional. Dissapointing.
Ruthann
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Ruthann
The position is avocational, not professional.

If you prefer, you can always access the newsgroup in its unmoderated state: alt.visa.us.marriage-based
Old Jan 11th 2004, 1:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Ruthann

Actually, Ruthann, my language was quite clean and my thoughts expressed articulately. While I have the title of Moderator, I am, first and foremost, a poster to this particular forum and have been since early 1998. Prior to that time before alt.visa.us.marriage-based newsgroup split from alt.visa.us, I posted in AVU as well.

As a poster, I am entitled, as are you, to voice my opinions and that you are disappointed in the manner in which I did so, bothers me not at all.

I feel the OP has not given concrete reasons why they should feel that the US Consulate in DR should go out of their way to accommodate their special needs when those needs do not have anything to do with the health and welfare of either of the parties involved in the adjudication of the K-1 petition.

Nor does the producer, nor should the producer, of a US based television program get special consideration because they have a show to produce.

The OP filed for a K-1 petition and the US Consulate and the USCIS have acted expeditently on their petitions. To bad mouth a US Consulate who has, to date, handled their petitions in a clearly professional and timely manner because OP cannot avail themselves of the publicity and perhaps monetary rewards of their participation in a realtiy show is not and should not be a concern of the US Consulate who is going to be deciding the fate of their K-1 petition. IMO, their rant against the US Consulate in DR comes across as a child having a tantrum because mommy and daddy will not let them have what they want now this minute. Their main goal was to get approval to marry in the US.

Since the US Consulate has now been approached by both the US Citizen and the producer of a US based television show for an earlier date for the interview which will, hopefully, approve their K-1 visa, it would be must ironic if the US Consulate thought that perhaps this marriage is not for legitimate reasons but for reasons of monetary gains and notarity only and thus denies their petition.

I sincerely hope this is not the case.

Rete
In Non-Moderator Status so Ruth's sensibilities are not injuried
Old Jan 11th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I'll film the honeymoon!!!!lmao

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Old Jan 11th 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, Ruthann, my language was quite clean and my thoughts expressed articulately. While I have the title of Moderator, I am, first and foremost, a poster to this particular forum and have been since early 1998. Prior to that time before alt.visa.us.marriage-based newsgroup split from alt.visa.us, I posted in AVU as well.

As a poster, I am entitled, as are you, to voice my opinions and that you are disappointed in the manner in which I did so, bothers me not at all.

I feel the OP has not given concrete reasons why they should feel that the US Consulate in DR should go out of their way to accommodate their special needs when those needs do not have anything to do with the health and welfare of either of the parties involved in the adjudication of the K-1 petition.

Nor does the producer, nor should the producer, of a US based television program get special consideration because they have a show to produce.

The OP filed for a K-1 petition and the US Consulate and the USCIS have acted expeditently on their petitions. To bad mouth a US Consulate who has, to date, handled their petitions in a clearly professional and timely manner because OP cannot avail themselves of the publicity and perhaps monetary rewards of their participation in a realtiy show is not and should not be a concern of the US Consulate who is going to be deciding the fate of their K-1 petition. IMO, their rant against the US Consulate in DR comes across as a child having a tantrum because mommy and daddy will not let them have what they want now this minute. Their main goal was to get approval to marry in the US.

Since the US Consulate has now been approached by both the US Citizen and the producer of a US based television show for an earlier date for the interview which will, hopefully, approve their K-1 visa, it would be must ironic if the US Consulate thought that perhaps this marriage is not for legitimate reasons but for reasons of monetary gains and notarity only and thus denies their petition.

I sincerely hope this is not the case.

Rete
In Non-Moderator Status so Ruth's sensibilities are not injuried

I agree...by pushing hard, the Consulate might start 'think' again about their decision of approving the visa if they keep pushing the consulate to approve the visa because of the show. Remember that US Consulate can do whatever they want. That not the matter of life and death. It just a spotlight and publicity. So, better follow the schedule than jeorpardy the visa. As Rete said they might start thinking it just because of 'spotlight' or 'money'. I won't take that chance if I really want to be with the one I love.

So many of ppl here waiting like years to get their visa approve and waiting for about 6 months with a smooth journey I don't think need to be complaint. Just look how hard others try to get their beloved one to come over such as TMushen and Khadija....I have more sympathy for them.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Let the television show get their own visa's and shoot the wedding where you choose!

Originally posted by rzack
I agree...by pushing hard, the Consulate might start 'think' again about their decision of approving the visa if they keep pushing the consulate to approve the visa because of the show. Remember that US Consulate can do whatever they want. That not the matter of life and death. It just a spotlight and publicity. So, better follow the schedule than jeorpardy the visa. As Rete said they might start thinking it just because of 'spotlight' or 'money'. I won't take that chance if I really want to be with the one I love.

So many of ppl here waiting like years to get their visa approve and waiting for about 6 months with a smooth journey I don't think need to be complaint. Just look how hard others try to get their beloved one to come over such as TMushen and Khadija....I have more sympathy for them.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by lpdiver
Let the television show get their own visa's and shoot the wedding where you choose!
The most important thing for me is to be with my fiance as soon as possible. I would never jeopardize my visa application not for anything. It is painful enough being apart from him than to worry about if a TV show can or cannot film our wedding. It's your choice in the end but I know what I would do.

Also I would hate it if someone jumped my place in the 'queue' so that they could get there first. We have all had to wait months and some people years to get their visas approved.

I must say I would love to jump the queue but I couldn't do that to other people who have waited longer than me.

Good Luck

Last edited by whistlestop01; Jan 11th 2004 at 2:13 am.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

doblepat--Thank you for understanding. Hugs your way. Que Dios te Bendiga por tu lindo corazon al desear bien al projimo
AMEN.
now it is ashame that some of you wish bad on others. See I don't care who you are but if my process took longer I wouldn't not be sour because others got their way faster. I would be happy for you or them.
Me too...!
Doblepat-is your love online? I can send you the email of who you should write if you are interested, perhaps there is not such a buracracy in Venezuela as there is in DR.
How I told you, I'm not that brave to show my live in reality show, I'm not interest to do it and I'm already married. But thanks. I hope in everything can walk fast in Venezuela (since 2004 everything change) I think it is going to be slower than it would be before but I'm still praying for all are doing this process.

Best Wishes

2Pat