Wikiposts

Turkish Fiance

Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Turkish Fiance

Hello all - I've been reading alot of your postings and they've been so helpful to keep me from flipping out about the process that we all are currently or have gone through already - it's nice to know there's support out there - my name is Allison and my fiance Mahir is from Turkey - we met at school here in the US and were together 2.5 years before he had to go back and has not been back (except 2 two-week visits) since January 2002 - we applied for the K1 back in December at VSC - our wedding is all paid for and set for September and we're just hoping he gets here! Need some advice on how long it should take from here, for those of you who have been through it, and any problems we could come across in Ankara or NVC. Thanks!

sent I-129F: December 19, 2003
NOA1: December 22, 2003
RFE: March 19, 2004
returned RFE: March 19, 2004 (sent copies, not originals of bio forms)
RFE received by VSC: March 23, 2004
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turkish Fiance

Originally posted by MMA2002
Hello all - I've been reading alot of your postings and they've been so helpful to keep me from flipping out about the process that we all are currently or have gone through already - it's nice to know there's support out there - my name is Allison and my fiance Mahir is from Turkey - we met at school here in the US and were together 2.5 years before he had to go back and has not been back (except 2 two-week visits) since January 2002 - we applied for the K1 back in December at VSC - our wedding is all paid for and set for September and we're just hoping he gets here! Need some advice on how long it should take from here, for those of you who have been through it, and any problems we could come across in Ankara or NVC. Thanks!

sent I-129F: December 19, 2003
NOA1: December 22, 2003
RFE: March 19, 2004
returned RFE: March 19, 2004 (sent copies, not originals of bio forms)
RFE received by VSC: March 23, 2004
Hi Allison,

Welcome to the forum! My fiance is Iranian, and is having his K1 interview in Ankara on April 14th. I'm going there onthe 8th to be with him for the interview

If you have any questions or want to chat, I'd be happy to talk to you!

We have a couple of other people on here that have gone through Ankara....tmushen and Mina_PR.

Best Wishes, and please be in touch!
Rene
Old Apr 1st 2004, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Rene - we're just really curious as to what goes on after we've been approved in Vermont - he was here for 2.5 years so I'm hoping that the name check and NVC thing goes by fast but I don't know - That's great about you going there to be with him at the interview - is that a requisite? I mean, do I have to go for the interview too? it's nice to know that we're not the only ones going through this - i'm just completely sick of being without him - it's been so long (2.5 years) since we've been able to spend more than 2 weeks together! i just hope he'll be here for our wedding....good luck with your interview :-)
Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:36 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MMA2002
Thanks Rene - we're just really curious as to what goes on after we've been approved in Vermont - he was here for 2.5 years so I'm hoping that the name check and NVC thing goes by fast but I don't know - That's great about you going there to be with him at the interview - is that a requisite? I mean, do I have to go for the interview too? it's nice to know that we're not the only ones going through this - i'm just completely sick of being without him - it's been so long (2.5 years) since we've been able to spend more than 2 weeks together! i just hope he'll be here for our wedding....good luck with your interview :-)
You're welcome, Allison. I totally understand the pain of separation. I haven't seen Sadegh since February of 2003! We agreed to wait until the interview to see each other, as it is difficult both timewise and financially for me to get enough time off work to go there often. We just didn't think it would be a year until the interview! But, I get to see him next week, I can't believe it!!

No, it's not required for you to be at the interview, but Ankara does allow the USC to be present. In my opinion, being together at the interview alleviates some questions and also makes it clear to them that he and I can communicate, because his English is weak. Besides the fact that I haven't seen him in so long, I wanted to share this step with him. If, by chance, he doesn't need further security checks, and can receive his visa by the end of April, we plan to return to America together, also But from the way it seems, most young Moslem males are getting stuck on Admin. Review/Security Checks after the interview, so I'm prepared just in case he can't come back with me right away

Our file was at NVC longer because Sadegh is Iranian. From what I recall, Turkish citizens go through NVC a lot faster, so you probably won't have a problem there. Ankara is pretty good about responding to email inquiries, too.

Best Wishes and I hope you make your wedding date, too!
Rene