Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

zadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nicezadok1 is just really nice
Default Re: TSC ROLL CALL - N-400 FILERS

Thanks.

Indeed. I got my oath ceremony notice on Friday. 9/12 in Miami. The notice was dated 8/27 - the same day as my interview, so they are really knocking things out it seems.

Hope others are as fortunate. It is all still sinking in.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

papus22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Zadok1!

Very usefull links...Please check them out!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
Originally Posted by zadok1
Thanks.

Indeed. I got my oath ceremony notice on Friday. 9/12 in Miami. The notice was dated 8/27 - the same day as my interview, so they are really knocking things out it seems.

Hope others are as fortunate. It is all still sinking in.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by papus22
Congrats Zadok1!

Very usefull links...Please check them out!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...004718190aRCRD
The forum seems dead. Is anyone has anything to talk about it? Bring it up, guys!!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

The forum seems dead. Is anyone has anything to talk about it? Bring it up, guys!!!
LOL I think thats because the original crop of us folks who started this thread are all done now

Rootin' for you though - your process'll not be long I'm sure - much much quicker nowadays.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Dan,
Thanks for letting me know! I keep the fingers crossed...& try to keep the forum open for newcomers.

Puspa22
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Dan,
Thanks for letting me know! I keep the fingers crossed...& try to keep the forum open for newcomers.

Puspa22
If everyone from this thread is 'done' you can start a new one.. if you have anything to discuss.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough

Ok Guys, I started this thread.

Never thought it would have this many posters!

It was begun when the glut of N-400 applications were filed right before the fee increase deadline in July 2007. What should have been a six month deal has turned into a 8-12 month processing.

My wife was scheduled at Memphis for July 23, 2008, but it was necessary to reschedule, and now it is set for Sep. 26, 2008.

So not everyone has made it, but the journey continues.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Archie Wilson
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

In January 2003, thousands of I-129 F petitions were being held hostage at TSC. After 9-11, processing had stopped on I-129 F petitions at TSC, and the INS was not being truthful to the petitioners or congressional representatives that the applications were being processed. In actuality, the applications had not been processed. A V-Day protest was formed to coincide with Valentine's Day, and strangers assembled to express their grievance to the government at the executive offices of the INS in Dallas, Tx, complete with print media and television coverage. The INS was taken by surprise, and granted relief in response to the bad publicity it was receiving.

10,019 views ago, I started this thread in December 2007, wondering how the process was going to work after the USCIS experienced a tremendous glut of applications, and took over 90 days to acknowledge that it received an N-400 Application and cash the check.

On Friday, Sep. 26, 2008, my wife went for her N-400 citizenship interview in Memphis, TN, after having to reschedule from a July 23, 2008 date, due to a lost notice letter, and a conflict with a professional admission exam. Resolution of this was by FedEx letter, 2 days before the July interview date requesting rescheduling, so this experience proves it can be done.

In short, the interview lasted 27 minutes ... start to finish . . . and the interviewer recommended her for citizenship. My wife is an extraordinarily brilliant young woman, who graduated magna cum laude from law school, so answering some questions about the United States, and writing a sentence was no big deal. She didn't tell the interviewer that an ivy league institution had published one of her articles in its law review. She is presently working as a federal judicial law clerk for a judge on a United States appellate circuit court.

Her journey began when she arrived in America on May 2, 2003. She did AOJ in New Orleans on December 15, 2004, and had the conditions on Legal Permanent Residence removed in April 2007, and the N-400 was filed on Sep, 27, 2007,and then adjudicated a year later, after having to reschedule.

The process has been administered by real people from what started as the INS, and then was BCIS, and now the USCIS. It was started not long after 9/11, in November 2002, with an I-129F application. The government personnel dealt with have been uniformly courteous . . . in some instances the information line good, and sometimes, not so good. During the process, it has been necessary to have elected representatives make inquiries. They have been extremely helpful . . . never hesitate to ask them to help you.

The technology and handling of petitions has changed dramatically. When first started the various petitions after I-129 F were kept at the district office in New Orleans.... now there is the central storage in Missouri, and the digital fingerprints, when things started, it was the inkers. Things have come a long way in six years.

She still has the oath ceremony and obtaining a U.S. passport to wrap it up, but now, I think the wind is at her back, and the rest is going to go fine.

Thank you for your support, and good luck to you on your journey.

Sincerely,

Archie Wilson

p.s.

It's nice that Mr. Foly, Rete and others on this process have provided timely and helpful information. And goodnight Matt Udall, wherever you are.

Last edited by Archie Wilson; Sep 27th 2008 at 10:03 am.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Missus Archie Wilson!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Meauxna,
Thank you.
Missus Archie is special to put up with me.
Archie Wilson
Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Congrats, Archie Wilson!
That was a quite long journey with an happy ending. Best luck for the rest!

Originally Posted by Archie Wilson
Hi Meauxna,
Thank you.
Missus Archie is special to put up with me.
Archie Wilson