Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

TSC - Info from the Senator's Office

Wikiposts

TSC - Info from the Senator's Office

Old Jan 29th 2003, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default yep

Hi all,
i was approved before Kate and we have a near date of first NOA. I dont know whats going on with TSC, but i understand what you guys are going through, it was hard for me and my fiance to step each day thinking if today we are going to be approved or not.
just hang in there, keep the faith. your beloved person is worth the waiting.

ps: hi kate!

have a nice day!
anggraeni

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hey, Troy!!

What strikes me as strange when they say that about the stop date being 09/19 is that anggraeni's NOA was the 19th, and hers was approved about 3 weeks before mine. (I think that's correct, and I'm hoping someone will step in if I'm wrong )
I don't think even the people who work at TSC know what the hell they're doing, and I truly feel for all of you. I was crawling the walls after a few weeks, let alone months! I really do hope they get their ass in gear for all of you soon.
Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 29th 2003, 4:52 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scout
No offense Matthew but STOP MAKING EXCUSES for the crappy lousy shitty job the INS is doing.
Yep. I cuss when I get mad!!!!

Leslie
Hi Leslie,
Hey, I have to deal with them too for many, many cases and they make my job difficult too. I'm NOT making excuses for them. Rather, there was speculation as to how someone with a receipt date prior to (what was it... 09/18) might not have had their case approved yet. One simple answer for that is that the person/case might have received an IBIS hit (and we would never know if a case did receive an IBIS hit).

Congress made INS do the IBIS checks.

And I don't blame you or anybody else for getting mad (at them, but please don't channel that towards me as I’m not the INS ;-). Thanks.

Good luck in your contacting your paper. I hope it helps.

Well, its time to go home. Still sick, and have moved to the coughing (but only slightly) stage. I’ll be glad when this is over (I have not had a cold in years). Also, just spent around an hour modifying one of my template letters adding “and/or DHS-BCIS� right after the word “INS�. Almost time to start thinking of them as the Department of Homeland Security, and more precisely the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (I think its “immigration� but perhaps its “immigrant�… would have to look it up again to know for sure. But I’m too tired now to do it. I’m out of here for the evening).

M.U.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Matthew do you honestly think every person at this website having problems with the TSC has had an IBIS hit???? No way.

Leslie
Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:13 am
Jomo

Default Re: TSC - Info from the Senator's Office

Troy wrote in message news:...
    > Originally posted by Jomo
    > > I just don't know when this bad news about TSC will end. I just got
    > > off the phone with my Senator's INS immigration liason lady and she
    > > told me that TSC is currently not working on I-129F. She said she
    > > spoke to them yesterday and they told her that they stopped working on
    > > fiancee visas as of 09/10/02. I asked her about the 10/11/02
    > > processing date they claim on AILA member website and she told me that
    > > that is not the date they gave her yesterday. She said currently they
    > > are working on refugee, asylum, hurrikane, etc etc etc (non-citizen)
    > > cases. What a great service for their citizen, huh! Anyway, she told
    > > me to wait at least a month before hearing from them. She said she
    > > will call Washington and will complain about it. Remain to be seen.
    > >
    > > 1st NOA 10/16/02
    > > 2nd NOA ..................................
    > >
    > > Jomo
    >
    > I called my congressman's INS liaison officer and all she could give
    > me was the National Service Center #. If you can get the number that
    > your senator's INS officer used and post it on this board, then that
    > would be great!

Troy,

I don't have the number that my Senator's liason lady used to call the
TSC. All I have is her number. I would think that this congressional
liasons might have a special number (unlike us who are given that
customer service number that remains constantly busy) to get through
TSC easily.

Jomo

Old Jan 30th 2003, 2:06 am
No longer waiting on TSC!

Troy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TSC - Info from the Senator's Office

Troy,

I don't have the number that my Senator's liason lady used to call the
TSC. All I have is her number. I would think that this congressional
liasons might have a special number (unlike us who are given that
customer service number that remains constantly busy) to get through
TSC easily.

Jomo [/QUOTE]

Well , that is what we would think... Unless my congressman's INS liaison officer is lazy, she said she does not have any special number in DC that she can call. I told her the info, what you initially posted, and she gave me the number to the NCS and then they gave me an address to write to. That is why I asked you? If your senator's INS officer can give you the number, than I can give it to mine.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:11 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Scout
Matthew do you honestly think every person at this website having problems with the TSC has had an IBIS hit???? No way.

Leslie
Nope, and I never said that everybody at this website had an IBIS hit. Nor did I say that the current general slowdown at the TSC was caused by IBIS hits. If you go back and read the posts, you will see that I was just adding a comment to Troy's post where he pointed out, "Yes I agree that there are others with earlier NOA1 dates than 9/18, but I believe they had an RFE".

He's right that RFE’D cases would experience a delay and would be processed “after� cases that (did not get an RFE and) were filed “after� the case that got the RFE, and I don't think he was "defending INS" by simply pointing out this obvious fact.

And all I did was add the IBIS information to that same discussion as it would hold true just like cases that had RFE's. If a case gets an IBIS hit, it gets taken out of the main stream of cases and will experience a delay, slight to significant. This would be an additional reason why a case with a notice date pre 09/18 might not have been approved with the other cases with the same notice date. My pointing this out is no more defending the INS than Troy was in correctly pointing out that RFE's can slow down a case too.

Now, if I were to say its a good thing INS is so slow, and here is why.... well "that" would be defending them, but I never said any such thing. Just sharing truthful and accurate information; that's all.

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jan 30th 2003 at 8:13 am.
Old Jan 30th 2003, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hey, Troy!!

What strikes me as strange when they say that about the stop date being 09/19 is that anggraeni's NOA was the 19th, and hers was approved about 3 weeks before mine. (I think that's correct, and I'm hoping someone will step in if I'm wrong )
I don't think even the people who work at TSC know what the hell they're doing, and I truly feel for all of you. I was crawling the walls after a few weeks, let alone months! I really do hope they get their ass in gear for all of you soon.
Kate. xxxx

Kate,

If you or Cory haven't done so already, possibly you could think about sending a letter to your Congress person telling them what a great job that individual (in his office) did for you. I am sure he has a review coming up this year and probably wouldn't hurt his case for a raise

Jana
Old Jan 30th 2003, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cortez is an unknown quantity at this point

Pardon the stupid question, but what's an "IBIS hit"?

Thanks!