Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Trump stores ALL immigration

Trump stores ALL immigration

Old Apr 21st 2020, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

elizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond reputeelizabethsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trump stores ALL immigration

Hi all, it has been a while since I have been on, I hope you are all well in this crazy time. I am still in North Carolina loving it still not loving Hurricaines.

I just read online that Trump has stopped ALL immigration! I haven't looked into it much but I wanted to see if anyone knows more details on this, I am sure it will effect so many but at the same time there are no flights so immigration basically was stopped already.

Kelly
Old Apr 21st 2020, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

cautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trump stores ALL immigration

Where is President Trump storing all the immigration?
Old Apr 21st 2020, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cautiousjon
Where is President Trump storing all the immigration?
lol Thats is not helpful
Old Apr 21st 2020, 8:47 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elizabethsmum
Hi all, it has been a while since I have been on, I hope you are all well in this crazy time. I am still in North Carolina loving it still not loving Hurricaines.

I just read online that Trump has stopped ALL immigration! I haven't looked into it much but I wanted to see if anyone knows more details on this, I am sure it will effect so many but at the same time there are no flights so immigration basically was stopped already.

Kelly
More details? The moron just posted it.. It will take a while for his people to come up with a feasablle policy.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
lol Thats is not helpful
This doesn't bode well for the processing of our I-130 petitions, stuwoolf. I do feel bad for anyone separated from their spouse/significant other who was trying to get to the US ASAP.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RICH
More details? The moron just posted it.. It will take a while for his people to come up with a feasablle policy.

I could not have said that better myself!!! He is trying to lay blame on “foreigners” for the current virus predicament the US is in!! So he can try and shift blame as usual to someone or something besides himself!! As we all know, most of the US Embassies are already suspending Visa processing unless it’s an emergency!!! So he just scrambling as trying to shift blame as usua to get his butt out of the fire anyway he can!!! ALL FOR THE SAKE OF POLITICAL GAIN!!!!!!
At this moment a US citizen and their immediate family members can still travel to the US on one of the flights still going there and the non visa holder family member can just consider it a visit and do a 14 day self quarantine....(We are in U.K. and I’m the USC my husband is the UKC and has already had one visa about 10 years ago until we moved here)

I just hope he doesn’t go even more mental and totally block USC from getting their spouse etc a Visa in a reasonable safe amount of time!

We are currently waiting for physical and interview but have no idea when ... or now IF the USEmbassy in London will start reopening for the last part of the Visa process!!

Lets cross our fingers that he doesn’t block us from coming home with our spouses/family members!!

Last edited by Nsb25; Apr 21st 2020 at 12:04 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
This doesn't bode well for the processing of our I-130 petitions, stuwoolf. I do feel bad for anyone separated from their spouse/significant other who was trying to get to the US ASAP.
On the face of it, it does not look good at all. However I would hope spouses and families of USC may be looked at more favourably.

Dont forget, of course, with DCFL being apparently stood down and document processing not taking place,, the Immigration Ban was already in place albeit unofficially.

Who knows. Just got to wait and see how things pan out.

Good luck and Stay Safe.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 12:42 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

No visas requiring face to face interviews are being issued anyway since interviews are not being conducted.

This will be challenged and a judge will issue a stay in reasonably short order I suspect.
Old Apr 21st 2020, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Nsb25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn’t the London US Embassy stop excepting the I-130‘S as of the end of March anyways.. now the I-130 has to be sent to the USCIS In the states to be approved and then sent back to London for medical and interviews.

For those who’s I-130 has already been approved and are waiting for medical and interviews at Embassy are having to wait as it’s been suspended also waiting for reopening.

I would hope that USC‘S will at some point who are waiting to finish up the process be allowed to bring our family members home.. Trump would be cruel and catch hell if he stopped those Visas to be suspended or shut off for any longer than the current situation requires...
If they are going to open the States up then the USC ought to be able to come home with their love ones by their side w a Visa in hand per se...

And those who want to start the process should be able to at least start sending their I-130’s to the USCIS to get the process started.. and finish up when the Embassy reopens for interviews! In order of receipt after those who have already been approved...

I pray this is the case cause me ( USC) and my UK spouse just want to return after an 8 year absence!!
We’ve been married 21 years!!! I wouldn’t even consider leaving him behind and I just want to come home to be near my family!!!

Good luck and best wishes for all of us!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2020, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please post comments on this subject in the existing thread in the US forum. Thread closed,