Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is this true ? sometimes adjusting of status will just delay your case !

Wikiposts

Is this true ? sometimes adjusting of status will just delay your case !

Old Jun 25th 2003, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Amjad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this true ? sometimes adjusting of status will just delay your case !

Hello ,
I have a F2B case " unmarried son of Permanent Residents " , from My Mother, with priority date of Mar 21 1995.

Keep in mind that the current date for these cases F2B is : Dec 01 1994. Which means my priority date will be current after 4 - 6 months.

On the other hand, My Mother becamse a US citizen, and I called the NVC to update them, they told me that I have to send a letter asking them to upgrade my case from F2B into F1A, which I already did.

I called again the NVC to check my status, and this time I got another person, she explained to me that, what I did was wrong, because asking the NVC to upgrade my case into F1A will take around a year or more, meantime leaving my case as is, will be current in 4 - 6 months.

Does this make any sense ?? and is it true !

Please if have any informaiton that might help , let me know , so I can proceed either canceling my request to upgrade or not.

Thanks alot
Jad