Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is this true about visa waiver?

Wikiposts

Is this true about visa waiver?

Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:37 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this true about visa waiver?

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
Very interesting, candy. I guess this means that if this person gets a visa, it means that a lot of lying went on. It really makes me feel bad for people who are tyring to be honest and do things the right way and who are having to jump through hoops. I personally believe that anyone here on tourist visa or VWP who gets married to USC should have to go back to their country and go through same process as those who are getting spouse or fiance visa the "right" way. Just MHO.

i thought if you had comitted a crime you were not allowed to use the vwp anyway. the marraige on the vwp is a mind field that i don't want to get into but i will say my views do differ with yours on that.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this true about visa waiver?

Important: Some travelers may not be eligible to enter the United States visa free under the VWP. These include people who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, those with criminal records, (the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law), certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the visa waiver program. Such travelers must apply for special restricted visas. If they attempt to travel without a visa, they may be refused entry into the United States.

Being arrested or convicted is the issue, plus for AoS being able to pass the Medical.