Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is this true about visa waiver?

Wikiposts

Is this true about visa waiver?

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Is this true about visa waiver?

Is it true that if you came in on a visa waiver, married a USC and filed for AOS, you cannot appeal the decision if your AOS is not approved?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is this true about visa waiver?

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
Is it true that if you came in on a visa waiver, married a USC and filed for AOS, you cannot appeal the decision if your AOS is not approved?

yes that is true
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:59 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
yes that is true

you know this as fact??????????
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by candy wy.

yes, its stated on the I-94 that you fill in when you travel.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ied+aos+appeal

heres just one such thread, there are many others if you care to search for them
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
A better question may be what makes you think you may get denied.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:35 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ied+aos+appeal

heres just one such thread, there are many others if you care to search for them

well thats an old thread from years ago. maybe you should read this one.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=inquisitive40

seems to be a bit of a grey area.

Last edited by candy wy.; Nov 3rd 2004 at 11:40 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

well thats an old thread from years ago. maybe you should read this one.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=inquisitive40

seems to be a bit of a grey area.

the basic premise is that you sign away all rights to appeal when you fill in the I-94.
I wouldnt rely on chance or 'grey areas' when it comes to your future life in the US. The rights to an official appeal have been signed away on the I-94.

There really is no 'official' route to appealing the decision like there would be if you were denied AOS on a K1
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:47 am
staying around

the basic premise is that you sign away all rights to appeal when you fill in the I-94.
I wouldnt rely on chance or 'grey areas' when it comes to your future life in the US. The rights to an official appeal have been signed away on the I-94.

There really is no 'official' route to appealing the decision like there would be if you were denied AOS on a K1

there can be a way to fight aos denial on a vwp grey area or not.
you rely on chance when you enter and aos on a vwp.
so why would such person not rely on chance on appealing a denial?

on a side note i have yet to hear of any denials on a vwp for aos.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Is this true about visa waiver?

I can see this debate lasting forever
Its been talked about many times on this forum.
I wouldnt want to give anyone false hope by saying you can appeal a vwp denial, and then the person finding out that its not possible. Once again it seems to be down to the individual situation, which does make it a grey area.

I hope the answers to the thread have helped you out scarlet
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know of one that was posted on alt.visa.us.marriage-based back in 1998/1999. Marriage was in Las Vegas, foreign spouse from Germany if you care to do the research.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I know of one that was posted on alt.visa.us.marriage-based back in 1998/1999. Marriage was in Las Vegas, foreign spouse from Germany if you care to do the research.

I was trying to think of that one rete. I think its on visajourney.com
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:48 am
staying around

this answer suprises me when you yourself came on a vwp
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

this answer suprises me when you yourself came on a vwp
I dont know why you are being so aggressive when you know nothing about my situation. Yes, I had an UNPLANNED marriage on a visa waiver and aos'ed, so I try to assist others who may be in the same situation.
You seem to be very confrontational over the whole issue.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:54 am
staying around

I dont know why you are being so aggressive when you know nothing about my situation. Yes, I had an UNPLANNED marriage on a visa waiver and aos'ed, so I try to assist others who may be in the same situation.
You seem to be very confrontational over the whole issue.

iam not being confrotational over anything. it just seems strange how people who do one thing will then get all self rightous with others. what is it ok for you but not for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.