Reload this Page >

travelling while visa application is being processed

travelling while visa application is being processed

Old Jun 30th 2018, 8:10 am
Just Joined

paulc17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travelling while visa application is being processed

Hello all

A newbie here, and asking a question that's probably been answered before but i can't find it in the threads. I'm UK citizen planning on the big move to US next year to be with my US girlfriend. We've met up 3 times this year. Not sure whether to do fiancee visa or marriage visa. My question is can i go back and forth between US and UK once i've put an application in and does that differ with the 2 types? I'm hoping i can just travel on a normal tourist visa with the 90 day limit. I'm wondering if your status as someone seeking residency comes up on the system for border control, and whether that affects your travel rights.

Any advice appreciated

Paul
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travelling while visa application is being processed

Yes you can still use the VWP (which is visa free travel, it's not a tourist visa) providing your are otherwise eligible. Be careful not to spend too much time in the US so it does not look like you are attempting to live here without a correct visa. General advice is to stay out at least as long as you are in.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot! A relief to hear that.

Paul
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

jt365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul, a note of caution to avoid the mistake I made. We did not complete our affadavit of support ahead of the interview so were asked to go and complete this and return the form. Without our knowledge my application was put into a denied state so when I attempted to travel for a visit my ESTA was declined. Please ensure you have all your documentaiton ready to go for your interview and hopefully you should have a smoother experience than us.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 9:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone give you wrong advice or did you just not do your homework?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the advice jt365.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 9:02 am
Just Joined

jt365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Did someone give you wrong advice or did you just not do your homework?
I thought I had done my homework, but clearly not. I was aware of the form but didn't realise it was a fundamental requirement.