Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Travelling while on a K1 Visa

Wikiposts

Travelling while on a K1 Visa

Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:20 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default Travelling while on a K1 Visa

Iv'e sort of asked this question already, but keep getting conflicting replies off various people.
CAN I TRAVEL TO SEE MY FIANCEE IN THE US WHILE MY K1 VISA IS GOING THROUGH. I JUST WANT TO STAY 5 DAYS AND THEN COME HOME. I AM JUST ABOUT TO SEND OFF MY PACKET 3 AND HAVE JUST GOT MY MEDICAL DATE.
I can get a letter off my employer to say i will be back at work in a week.

Thanks
Mr Confused
(Waza)

Last edited by Waza; Apr 15th 2010 at 12:23 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:54 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling while on a K1 Visa

Originally Posted by Waza
Iv'e sort of asked this question already, but keep getting conflicting replies off various people.
CAN I TRAVEL TO SEE MY FIANCEE IN THE US WHILE MY K1 VISA IS GOING THROUGH. I JUST WANT TO STAY 5 DAYS AND THEN COME HOME. I AM JUST ABOUT TO SEND OFF MY PACKET 3 AND HAVE JUST GOT MY MEDICAL DATE.
I can get a letter off my employer to say i will be back at work in a week.

Thanks
Mr Confused
(Waza)
Yes, as long as you continue to satisfy the conditions of the VWP, you are free to travel to the US while a visa is pending.

Just make sure you have someone watching your mail while you are gone in case something important arrives while you are away
Old Apr 15th 2010, 12:58 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Thanks so much for your reply.
I will keep a check on the mail, my medical isn't untill the 18th May so plenty of time.

Cheers Mate

By the way, i wont be far away from you....Irving Park, Chicago
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:06 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to help

Yeah, you won't be too far away. I'm way up by the WI border about 50 or so miles from the city. Not too familiar with areas outside of downtown but I will assume Irving Park is somewhere on the north side near the airport (only because Rt.19 is called Irving Park Road - bet I'm miles off!)

I'm in Fox Lake - I probably should update my info to include the town!

Plenty of Brits in the area though
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:23 am
Blue

Nope... you are bang on..North Side, just about 15 mins from O'Hare
Plenty of brits around there, i will be in The Globe Pub ( Irving Park) a week on Saturday to watch the football, well if they let me through customs..Lol

Thanks Again

Last edited by Waza; Apr 15th 2010 at 1:25 am.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:28 am
I have a comma problem

How about that for a guess! I'm kind of jealous - I'm a bit of an aviation nut, and living that close to O'Hare would be great for me (not so my wife though).

I know a couple of guys who watch the game in the Globe but I haven't made it down there myself. Usually I watch the matches on cable at home (though now Setanta has gone, only Fox Soccer Channel shows the Premiership games). If I'm going to watch Liverpool lose, I'd rather be at home alone when they do

Looking forward to the World Cup though . . .
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:34 am
Blue

Liverpool fan eh ? Well we are trying to pinch your 4th place spot in the Prem, i'm a Man City fan, gonna be a close run thing i think. The Globe is a great place to watch the footy.
Is fox a channel you have to suscribe too, my girfriend doesn't have cable. Will have to sort that when i move over permanantly.
Typical.. iv'e been a City fan for years and season ticket holder and seen them win nothing, when i move looks like they will start to win things.
Yeah bring on The World Cup, cant wait
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:45 am
I have a comma problem

I guessed you were a City fan - because you are from Manchester . Seriously though, as long as the 'pool can stay in the top 5 I'm ready to write off yet another season that started with us all believing we could win the bloody thing again. I'm from Northern Ireland though - I'm used to my team losing things

That'll be why I'm an honorary England fan for the World Cup, which is incidentally being shown on ESPN, which should be part of any cable package. As for FSC, it is a part of ours, but we have quite a lot of channels in our package that we pay a little extra for. We have AT&T now, but it was also part of our package when we had Dish Network as well. If and when you are looking into packages, you'll be able to ask if it is included. Also check for BBC America too, if you're a fan of Top Gear! If she already has AT&T for her phone/internet, she may be able to get a deal on U-Verse. Otherwise all other dish/cable providers are pretty much on parity, despite what the ads would have you think! Like anything else, it all comes down to what you want to spend, the channels all show the same things no matter how you receive them! Just about all providers do DVRs now so you can tape the game to watch with a beer at a more convenient time.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:14 am
Blue

At least you have won silverware...
My girl uses AT&T for her broadband and her business.So will look in to that
Cheers for all the info m8
You never know our paths might cross sometime in the near future
once again cheers
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You have never received a conflicting reponse from anyone on this forum. I suggest you stop reading other web sites.

Yes, you can visit while your K-1 visa is pending.

Ian
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:30 am
Blue

Lol...Bang on mate, that's what is was. Thanks for you reply. I'm good to go then.

Cheers
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:32 am
I have a comma problem

At least you have won silverware...
My girl uses AT&T for her broadband and her business.So will look in to that
Cheers for all the info m8
You never know our paths might cross sometime in the near future
once again cheers
I'm going to assume you're referring to Liverpool and not Northern Ireland , well at least Linfield consistenly win in NI, and even Carrick Rangers made it to Europe in 1976, or was it 1985? They did once!

Good luck with your cable, and I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually. I'm in a band, and we're looking to get gigs in the city
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:29 am
Blue

Yeah i'm sure we will..What's the band called.....i'll look out for it
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:35 am
I have a comma problem

Yeah i'm sure we will..What's the band called.....i'll look out for it
We're 'in between names' right now - two guys were fired recently and we may have to go by a new name! Currently we're re-structuring and getting ready to play out again. Most gigs are in Lake County but we want to branch out south towards the city.

I perform with the lead singer as a two piece in Libertyville quite often - we're next in Morgan's Bar there May 5th.