Travelling with a K3??

Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling with a K3??

From what I read on the USCIS web page, a k3 visa holder can travel without the need of advance parole, if they have applied for adjustment of status. Since my husband hasn't applied for adjustment of status can he still travel to mexico and come back with his k3 visa?

Our I-130 was approved last week, and we are going to travel back to spain for his visa. I just wanted reassurance before we leave to mexico, thanks to anyone who might know the answer.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 6:48 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling with a K3??

Hi Michi,
Congrats on the approval. A K3 is a multiple entry visa, so check the expiration date and see if your trip will correspond with that date. Good luck!

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 7th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michi
From what I read on the USCIS web page, a k3 visa holder can travel without the need of advance parole, if they have applied for adjustment of status. Since my husband hasn't applied for adjustment of status can he still travel to mexico and come back with his k3 visa?

Our I-130 was approved last week, and we are going to travel back to spain for his visa. I just wanted reassurance before we leave to mexico, thanks to anyone who might know the answer.
Congratulations on the approval.....
Old Sep 7th 2004, 8:50 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Michi!!
If the K3 is still valid.. then go ahead!!
If you guys applied for AOS he still would be able to travel with the K3.. as long as it is not expired!!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 10:00 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

You are right. You do not need advanced parole to travel on a K3. I have travelled three times, twice to Canada and once back to the UK. And even if you have applied for AOS advance parole is not required, as long as the K3 is still valid.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 3:30 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michi

I've travelled back to the UK twice on the K3 and haven't applied for AOS. I had absolutely no problems although I did have a panic when the check in clerk took my I-94 but I did get another one on the plane when I re entered the US. Have a good trip.

Maggie

Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

ndrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Travelling with a K3??

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hi Michi

I've travelled back to the UK twice on the K3 and haven't applied for AOS. I had absolutely no problems although I did have a panic when the check in clerk took my I-94 but I did get another one on the plane when I re entered the US. Have a good trip.

Maggie

Hi,

K3iers.........

I have a simple question for you ,my wife here on K3 since an year,i didn't apply for AOS till now & her family got some papers from embassy (Back home) i am stil confused .Is it faster to get visa from back home or from here (Green card visa)?Any help will be greatly appreciated .

Reagards
Robert