Reload this Page >

Travelling during K1 visa process

Travelling during K1 visa process

Old Apr 24th 2019, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

JoshCahill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling during K1 visa process

Hi All,

First time posting. I am a resident in the UK and currently going through the K1 Visa process, we are actually at the first stage and waiting for this to be approved before I can book the interview at the embassy.

My fiancé is a med student and plans to take a medical internship in Kenya over the summer for a few weeks. I would like to go out there and meet her for a few days and I was wondering if visiting a country with various issues regarding catching certain viruses and diseases etc that this may be held against me during the next step in the process (medical, interview) if they were to ask me if I had visited certain countries in the last 6 months say.

I may be worrying about nothing, or not. Just wondered if anyone had any input or thoughts on this or had experience with it themselves. Any feed back would help.

thanks,

Josh
Old Apr 24th 2019, 10:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling during K1 visa process

Don't you require a visa to visit these countries? Sorry, too lazy to look it up myself, If so, then they will insist you have certain vaccinations to qualify. But to answer your direct question, no, it would not be held against you. Americans safari in Kenya all the time. My daughter has.