Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

travelling with AP documents

Wikiposts

travelling with AP documents

Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default travelling with AP documents

Just a "heads up" for anyone travelling with Advanced Parole documents.
We've had ours for nearly a year and each time we've travelled we've been sent for processing which takes an extra 20-45 mins.

Recently we went on a cruise, came back in to Galveston. Nice officer at POE admitted that he didn't know what to do with our documents and didn't want to "mess up your status" by stamping the wrong stuff and went to seek help from his colleague, which in someways was reassuring and in other ways not!
He also mentioned "sending you back" which was a bit of a worry as we'd just got off a ship and also he thought maybe we should have applied for a new document as the one we had had already been stamped once
Managed to point out very politely that the document was valid for a year!!

Then the next hiccup was dealing with BA at LHR. The BA guy seemed to recognise the document but couldn't get the computer to accept it as it couldn't be entered as a "visa" and I obviously didn't need ESTA. Took 15 mins to sort that out!

Then arriving back into DFW yesterday I was taken to secondary where I waited for 20 mins while I was processed.

So be warned...leave some extra time if you are carrying AP documents