Reload this Page >

Traveling while in k1 process

Wikiposts

Traveling while in k1 process

Old Nov 15th 2002, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

pepsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traveling while in k1 process

We haven’t had a our second NOA, but have had the first NOA, ill be visting the USA soon, what is the best thing to say to the customs officer and, what information can i provide, i dont own the house i live in , but i do have a letter from my boss saying i will be going back to work on a sercten date, is that good enough? , and what else can I take

thanks
pepsi
Old Nov 15th 2002, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Traveling while in k1 process

As far as i can gather , there are no guarantees and nothing by evidence of intended return is foolproof. It's down to the individual Immigration Officer whether he a) asks the questions, and b) accepts/rejects the evidence.

Having said that, I went to the USA (POE CHICAGO) in September and stayed for 7 weeks. Our K1 was still in progress at NSC at the time but I had no problem at all at Chicago. I wasnt asked any questions!

I have seen a lot of people post similar experiences, but you just have to accept that you could be the unlucky one.
Old Nov 16th 2002, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

You could also take a letter from your landlord stating that your lease still has ___ months or take a copy of your lease if you have one. You could also take a letter from your bank stating that your account is still open and active. It's a chance you take. We are still trying to decide whether or not to do this very soon ourselves. The INS is not moving on our Fiance Visa and we have now been apart nearly 2 months. Pete may come here for 3 months on a visitor's visa and then return to finish things up on his end in the spring with his interview in London and the final move here. There's always a chance that they could refuse you entry.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Nov 16th 2002, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

We worried about this for weeks before Greg came, and it really is just a case by case basis... they didn't ask him any questions at all except "how long are you planning to stay?", so just relax and don't volunteer any information.. if they ask, "do you have a finacee in the US, I suppose telling the truth is the best thing, but they usually don't...
Old Nov 16th 2002, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

just remember NOT to have anything on your person that will raise their eyebrows.
my fiance came (before we filed k1) on his fourth visit on VWP, and had my rental agreement in his laptop. (i had moved during his last visit, and asked him to hold on to the copy). we had no idea it would cause such a fuss.. one thing led to another and it was pretty traumatic! in any event they let him in, but we are not going to risk it again until he's back for good, whatever the wait.
the downside is if they DON"T let your fiance in, he has to answer 'yes' to the 'have you ever been denied entry question'.
i'm sure its not a big deal to explain, but who needs the additional headache, and possible wait while they figure things out.
we're already stressing that the event at POE last time could cause us problems, even though they let him in and he returned home when he said he would.